TV on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cberry240, Mar 20, 2011.

1. cberry240 macrumors member

Please forgive my ignorance...

So I know Apple doesn't support Flash on the iPhone and iPad. My question is does that mean you can't watch any full episodes that are offered on say Fox NBC or ABC websites? I have to have an app? Can't watch off the web as if I was on my laptop?

I saw there is a Hulu+ app that requires a $7.99 subscription for current shows. ABC has it's free player.

2. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Yes, you have to use apps, there is no flash support. Some websites will still support the iPad through the browser though (using HTML5), but it's a very small selection.

3. hayesk macrumors 65816

If the site requires Flash, then you'll need an app or another site that doesn't require Flash.

4. cberry240 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. I asked because I was on fox.com trying to watch a full episode of a show and the player came up sayi g it doesn't support HTML5 feeds. Must mean iPad was requesting html5 and the fox player wasn't capable.

5. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

NBC used to have HTML5 for videos but when I tried to watch a show a couple of days ago on my iPhone it said mobile devices weren't allowed to view and sign up for hulu plus.

Boo. I will torrent now.

6. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Try downloading iSwifter from the app store. It is a web browser that converts the flash or something. Not really sure what it does but the videos on Fox.com work through it.