TV on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awesomator, Nov 5, 2008.

1. awesomator macrumors regular

I would like a tv tuner for my computer but mainly so i can use orb to watch tv on my iphone. Is there any tv tuner that you guys suggest for watching tv on your computer or iphone. Also can you watch shows from cable without cable. If you have cable would it cost extra.

Note-i have an imac g4 running lepard and a custom computer running Vista ultimate

2. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

You can only watch what you have, if you have cable connected to the tv tuner you will get cable. Do you have Iphone or iphone3g, orb with live tv does not work on iphone3g.

3. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Dissregard the second part of my post, i didnt know orb was in the app store. Going to buy it now. Yippy

4. moka macrumors 6502a

this looks very promising. Anyone try it already?

5. sandra7109 macrumors member

I bought it but do not have a tv tuner :( is there anyway I can watch internet tv or webcams ? And if so how would I do this, I have tried to load internet tv settings in the add a channel link but it won't load onto my 3g phone ???

6. markgamber macrumors 6502

It's great. It doesn't do video via 3g by default, only audio. Jailbreak the phone and install voipover3g (don't be lazy, use google and figure out how to do it yourselves) and you can watch live tv or anything else over 3g. Last night I was watching live tv over edge and even that wasn't horrible. Well worth the $10.

7. awesomator thread starter macrumors regular

i have cable but would it charge up extra for another tv if my computer is hooked up

8. sandra7109 macrumors member

markgamber
    I have a jailbroken phone would I find voipover3g in cydia ?

NM found it.

9. markgamber macrumors 6502

Simply installing voipover3g won't do it. You need to change or rename the plist file for voipover3g for Orb to work over 3g. There are plenty of instructions around the web on how to do it. Use google to find them.

10. sandra7109 macrumors member

thanks googled it but my non tech brain was lost :eek:

I am getting this message when I open orb
    Orb cannot detect a supported TV tuner; live TV is not available but you can still view and record internet TV and your custom channels

I do not have a tuner so how would I go about viewing internet tv ???

11. awesomator thread starter macrumors regular

does anyone know if you can use orb live to watch internet tv on websites like livevid an joost on your iphone.

12. markgamber macrumors 6502