Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
Hey everyone, came across this TV over internet program
called Zattoo.
Downloaded, installed, and signed up in under a minute.

For those of you still waiting for a Joostube invite (like me),
try this in the meanwhile. I've been using it for the past few
days and it has good service and thought it was worth
sharing with the community.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
"Right now, Zattoo only supports TV viewing in Switzerland.
In the future we plan on providing access in other countries."

Seems like a good idea if it ever got to the states...or europe...or anywhere out of Switzerland...

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I'm in Spain and using it;)

Not all channels are available everywhere -- there are American channels listed, I just can't get them where I'm from.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I'm watching tv on my mac now wouldn't have posted it here otherwise.:) Once you register it lets you download -- available for Windows, OS 10.3.6 (if I recall right) and higher, and this one blew me away, Linux.

Is anyone going to think this is cool other than me? I'm been waiting for joos to open up for everyone and it hasn't and I stumbled across this. Man this is whack.:p

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
I have been using zattoo for more than a month, and it works very well in Denmark also. And there is a mac version. And it is really great. I actually prefer it to Joost.
Really ugly icon though....

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I have been using zattoo for more than a month, and it works very well in Denmark also. And there is a mac version. And it is really great. I actually prefer it to Joost.
Really ugly icon though....

Thank god someone else thought this was nice.:)

And yeah, the icon is pretty Sh&/·y, but I don't have to stare at it all the time.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Is this one of them applications that streams already free TV content? I saw one a while ago, got curious and researched it. Nowt but bad comments :(

Jestered

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2005
Austin, Texas
I tried to sign up and it told me that I have been added to the invite waitlist and I will be emailed when I can get it. I guess the no invite needed is no longer correct for this.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
I tried to sign up and it told me that I have been added to the invite waitlist and I will be emailed when I can get it. I guess the no invite needed is no longer correct for this.

hhmmm.... sorry to hear that. Maybe it all depends on your region?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Well I signed up when this topic was posted and only just now received the email with the confirmation for signing up and an invitation code.

I just get the BBC channels (1-4) and news stuff, but it works really well. Fair enough the resolution is low but im really quite surprised with it.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
i was just about to post that. (the tv-links link).

however, whenver i try and view divx full screen, it crashes firefox...any suggestions?

The DivX web player seems very buggy. For me, it crashes Safari 99% of the time and fails to work properly the other 1% of the time, when launched from a site external to divx.com (oddly, embedded videos at stage6.divx.com ... even the same ones linked from tv-links-co.uk ... work fine when viewed at stage6 despite crashing Safari from tv-links).

But it does seem to generally work for me from Firefox. Do you have the latest version?

breath of apple

macrumors member
May 2, 2007
Thanks so much!!

I just submitted my request here from the US and am waiting for the invite. I love watching itv and some other stations outside the US from time to time and this will be wonderful! Thanks so much for posting, Killerrobot!

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
I didn't want to start a new topic for this so I'm bumping a pretty old one, but there's major news today.

They just launched High Quality streaming for 5 UK channels today - BBC One, BBC Two, ITV1, Channel 4 and BBC News. The improvement is incredible, motion is very smooth and it's much, much higher resolution:

ZZ5CAC1097.jpg

I'm loving it right now. Recommended to all!

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Is this one of them applications that streams already free TV content? I saw one a while ago, got curious and researched it. Nowt but bad comments :(

Zattoo is yes. the other links I couldn't figure out what the hell they were. I opened Miro and it just started downloading loads of random video files and all kinds of crap. The interface was so confusing I just quit and uninstalled.

Zatttoo is good I installed it a few weeks ago. While it wont replace your TV its nice to be able to watch a bit of TV while tinkering around on your mac. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.