TV out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jgw1283, Sep 27, 2007.

1. jgw1283 macrumors regular

jgw1283

the new iPhone update says TV out is supported....does this mean we can watch our TV shows from iphone into our TV? and what do you use to connect?

2. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

that is correct...Im about to try this out after typing this....You have to have the video cables to connect

3. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

One problems is that the video cables dont fit directly into the iphone I just noticed so will need adapter...About to try

4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I think you have to do it through the dock.

5. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

I need to check that out...Its not working when connecting the cables straight to the iphone at the moment...Now to actually find my dock

6. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I have a dock with video out I use with my iPod all the time. I tried it with the iPhone tonight, and it did not work. The audio comes through, but not the video. I have a feeling you're going to need to purchase the apple dock with video from Apple. I hope I'm wrong, I'd hate to have to buy another video dock, when I already own one.

7. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

yeah mine is not working either...I have just the cables though. Usually with my ipod that is all I need. Something seems to be missing

8. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It will work with the Universal Dock adapter Apple is shipping Oct.15th

Leopard anyone ?
    ;)

9. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

the instruction video on itunes states it should work with the AV CABLES..
    On ipods there is a button that shows TV out and asks what you would like to do...I cant find anything like that on the iPhone....
    Iphone just asking what type of Tv Signal and if you want widescreen

10. iPhoneyboy macrumors member

Yeah, that Widescreen button did nothing. Still no video out of the iPhone. Again, thanks Apple for giving us new feature they don't yet work!

11. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

New AV cable needed

You will need a new AV cable or a New AV Dock in order to do AV out with any of the new generation iPods or iPhone. The new generation iPods and iPhone output the video through the dock connector now instead of through the headphone jack. The one bonus now is that they can output higher quality component video. The cables are expensive though $50

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=9F9FB9C9&fnode=home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories/cables_docks&nplm=MB128LL/A

12. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

13. iscripter macrumors member

iscripter

Yes, that would work too if you have a older TV that does not have a component connection.