Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OpTic Jayex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
Broken Arrow
I need help! I ripped my dvd's including TV Shows. I need help organizing them since it shows just individual episodes. I watch them on my Apple TV. Could you help me?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I need help! I ripped my dvd's including TV Shows. I need help organizing them since it shows just individual episodes. I watch them on my Apple TV. Could you help me?

You need to fill out the information (command + I) in iTunes for each episode and organize them by album and such. That way you can group all the episodes together under one show.

OpTic Jayex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
Broken Arrow
Thank you so much! I have a TON of Movies and TV Shows on DVD. I'm currently putting those onto my Mom's Desktop so we can watch them on our Apple TV.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Thank you so much! I have a TON of Movies and TV Shows on DVD. I'm currently putting those onto my Mom's Desktop so we can watch them on our Apple TV.

I've done the same thing and I don't remember the last time I used a disc to play a video. The Blu-ray player just sits and collects dust these days.

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
I use IDentify to automatically tag files, it's in the Mac App store. Works great.

Yeah there are a few good apps floating around that make life easier.

Especially for TV/films which is far more simple than music to catalogue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.