TV Shows Are Finally on iTunes! (About flipping time!)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac-Addict, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Woot!!! SOOOO Happy :D There's South Park, Greys Anatomy, Ugly betty and more! Finally Apple got their act together :D

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I guess its something to do with a "true" video iPod coming on the 5th...or maybe an AppleTV update (there wasn't much incentive for potential UK customers)...

4. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Hell yeah, Its defiantly time for me to buy an Apple TV :D

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

These series cost twice what they cost in the USA. Unbelievable.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its really unbelievable to you? Its very believable to me, as us UKers usually get this kinda crap...at least its not more than double the cost...

7. chrisblore macrumors regular

It's a pity about the price (but that's to be expected in the UK, I'm afraid :( ) and also a shame that there isn't any genuine British content but I guess that might come in time and there are other issues at stake with the BBC committed to their own (useless) iPlayer and things like 4OD.

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    And more than the DVDs :rolleyes:

Let's hope this is just the beginning. I'm underwhelmed at the moment.

9. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Oh yeah totally but I really don't care I'm just happy that we are actually getting TV shows now! I hope BBC shows come to iTunes like Doctor Who!

10. mrploddy macrumors member

Logic would dictate that shows will only come on Itunes AFTER they've finished their run on TV.

Although...I hope that perhaps people might get their act together and episodes get released as they finish their run on UK TV. You can be sure that the likes of Sky and Channel 5 won't allow shows to appear on Itunes before they've aired the episode themselves considering the amount of money they pay to US networks to show them.

-mrploddy

11. sid872 macrumors member

Finally, this is great. The price of some of the series' works out cheaper (such as Lost and Ugly Betty as they cost £40-£50 when released brand new). Does anyone know if you an burn them to a DVD and watch them on your TV or do you have to watch them on your PC/iPod or AppleTV?

12. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

They are all locked in DRM so no you cant burn them to a DVD you have to watch them on your iPod 5th Gen, PC/Mac, Apple TV.

13. sid872 macrumors member

Ah, thanks for telling me, maybe I won't rush into buying them then! Probably wait for the next gen iPod Video since I only have a Nano and no iPod TV!

14. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Well with more countries now being able to download video off iTunes, I hope that means there will be more interest in cracking the DRM videos use. Since at the moment, the only way to remove the DRM is to use some sort of screen capture software.

Maybe using a similar method to how DRM is removed from audio can be used (where the data is intercepted just after iTunes decodes it).