Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rushli0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
So this just happened while watching Hulu, the TV Shows icon is gone, leaving just 4 icons on the top (Movies, Music, Computer, Settings).

This happened to anyone else?

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
Yeah, the same thing happened to my Apple TV this morning. I even restarted it just to see if it was that kind of issue but the TV shows icon is still missing.

I'm guessing it will eventually show up again.

srsaz

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2013
Mine gone from ATV2 & ATV3 too

Not good! This is the second weird ATV / iTunes issue I've experienced within a month.

I still can't play a particular purchased TV series! I can, (before this new issue started), watch other purchased shows however.

The error mx is similar to: "Unable to ...... try again later".

Tried every conceivable (plus some inconceivable) fixes without success.

Getting the run-around from the offshore iTunes support which annoys the cra* out of me.

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
Turned my :apple:TV on and I saw the TV Shows icon disappear instantly, then came here to see if anyone else had the same problem. Obviously this is a widespread issue. Guess we just wait for Apple to correct it.

balconycollapse

Cancelled
Aug 7, 2003
Same issue here so maybe it means some interesting new changes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195

hanseknight

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2011
I miss my TV Symbol as well - but i am also unable to click TV Shows in the iTunes Store on my Mac. If i click TV Shows, Music is displayed :confused:

Edit: iOS7 Devices seem to work in the iTunes Store - TV Section

Last edited:

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Same here. The TV Show section in the iTunes store seems to be down too. If I click it in iTunes, it takes me to the general store homepage.

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
Apple TV Shows "disappeared"

Hi,

TV SHOWS has just disappeared from my Apple TV ?

Everything else works, but the TV SHOWS is just missing. Even tried a full reset without any improvement.

Attached is screen of APPLE TV

Any ideas ?
Is the TV SHOW service down ?

Attachments

• appletv.jpg
    appletv.jpg
    574.6 KB · Views: 145

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hi,

TV SHOWS has just disappeared from my Apple TV ?

Everything else works, but the TV SHOWS is just missing. Even tried a full reset without any improvement.

Attached is screen of APPLE TV

Any ideas ?
Is the TV SHOW service down ?

That happened to me a couple of months ago. Both on my ATV2 and ATV3 at the same time. No idea what happened, but a few hours later they were back.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
But hey, as a compensation, there have been 5 new ones added to the bottom of screen!
Disney Channel, Disney XD, The Weather Channel, Smithsonian and Vevo. At least for me.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Wouldn't you expect this to be front page news?
I mean I often see iCloud outages on the front page....
This seems to be affecting all Apple TVs.
:confused:

MacUser09

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2009
UK
When I open iTunes and click on iTunes Store, I get the message "The item that you have requested is not available in the UK store."

Don't know if it is all part of the same problem.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
It's gone for me. Apple better hurr up and fix it. I'm in the middle of watching re watching walking dead episodes and they are disrupting it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.