TV Shows in iPhone - can someone help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevearm, Nov 27, 2007.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

Simple question really...

Say I have 5 episodes of the Simpsons and 5 episodes of Lost saved in iTunes

On the iPhone video screen, does it list all 5 episodes of the Simpsons one after the other, with a little thumbnail next to each one, followed by the 5 episodes of Lost one after the other?

Or does it just have one button for the Simpsons and one button for Lost; and you have to click each one, and then select an episode on a new screen?

Does that make sense?

Any help would be appreciated

2. tonywob, Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I downloaded a few episodes of rescue me and this is what happened when they were all on my iPhone at once. First you just see a thumbnail of the show no inividual episodes. Then when you click that it will then bring up the individual episodes to chose from. I hope that answers you question.

4. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, though the two replies this topic has gotten have both answered my question in different ways! :rolleyes:

Can I have a third reply please?? :)

5. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

Mine shows them all listed in one main list. Is there a way to have it any other way?

6. chriswheat macrumors regular

It groups them by the TV Show. If you have 2 TV shows, and 5 episodes of each, you will have 2 things on the screen when you first get to the videos menu...just 2 buttons that go to submenus with lists of the episodes for that show.

It's important that the "Show" tags under the video tab in the "get info" window for the shows are the same. If you have obtained an episode from somewhere other than the iTunes store, just make sure that all episodes of the same show have the same name (i.e. The Office) in the "Show" field. If you have one that is "The Office" and one that is "Office" they will be grouped differently on your iPhone or Touch.

If you only have a single episode (or two) it will be showed individually on the videos screen, instead of being grouped.

7. cazlar macrumors 6502

Actually, both of the original replies were true. If you have one or two (maybe 3?) episodes for a particular show, it will list them individually in the main list. If you have more than a few episodes, they will be grouped together into the show, so you click on the show and then see the individual episodes.

8. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

when it's from iTunes, they are organized by show, then season

I think it is the same on iPod