iPad TV Shows on iPad issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by watsonjm, Mar 17, 2015.

1. watsonjm macrumors regular

I have started watching a lot of TV episodes on my iPad in the last few weeks, no issues they all transferred without issue and we're sorted by show and by season (TV Shows --> Show --> Season --> Episode) Now for some reason its only sorting the shows by season. So anything that’s Season 1 will go into one folder no matter what show it is.

This is hugely annoying esp as I spend a fair amount of time making sure everything is correctly labelled by show, season and episode.

Any ideas on this would be great as I’ve checked everything I can think of and can’t figure it out and its slowly driving me insane.

Thanks

2. watsonjm thread starter macrumors regular

No one got any ideas on this?

I tried changing the Sort by cat on itunes options but still no change.

Thanks

3. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

Same thing happened to me last night. It had been a while since I had transferred any tv shows to my iPad. I had finally watched everything that was on my iPad and synced over some new shows last night. Now most everything is lumped into an untitled "season" (since those videos aren't part of any shows season) or Season 1. I was going to try and remove all tv shows and resync them but I'm doubtful that will help any.

I also got an error on about 40 episodes I tried to move over last night that they couldn't be transferred because they were in a format the iPad couldn't play, or something to that effect. That doesn't make sense because if the files are in iTunes they are in .mp4 format (or .m4v which I understand is still .mp4). So what the heck...

What version of iTunes are you on? I'm still on 11.4. iPad is on iOS 8.2.

4. watsonjm thread starter macrumors regular

Im on 8.2 and the latest version on itunes (which ever that is). It seems to have started happeneing after the last update when they change the info box again. Very annoying and i cant figure out how to sort it

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I've never had much luck with properly recognized metadata using iTunes + iOS Video app so I had to search for a 3rd party solution. :(

We use Plex (with Plex Pass subscription) to sync videos to our iPads and so far, so good. :)