TV shows/Videos on the iphone - tips/tricks???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Evev12, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Evev12 macrumors regular

Anybody know of any tips or tricks to decrease the file size of a video/TV show before sycing it to your iphone. Is there any way to resize it or decrese the resolution a bit? I want transfer ~ 6-8 hours worth of video to the phone and wouldn't mind sacrificing some quality if it meant me being able to retain some additional memory. Anyone have any ideas or creative thoughts?

2. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I ran into the same issue as you.

I got visual hub on my mac. I use it to convert videos to a smaller resolution and bitrate so they take up less space on my phone.

3. AMcBroom81 macrumors regular

AMcBroom81

is it some good Pron ;)

J/K LOL

I also use visual hub. Works like a charm everytime.

4. APainInTheApple macrumors newbie

Definite

Definitely VisualHub!

And if you're needing to rip from a DVD, I would recommend the free Handbrake, which also comes with several iPod/iPhone presets.

On a side note, if you are importing a bunch of TV Shows into iTunes and want them to actually show up in the TV Shows section of your iPhone (and to be grouped by show), you can use a free Applescript plug-in for iTunes which will allow you to batch tag multiple videos with Show Name, Season Name and Episode numbering information.

Video files will only show up in the TV Shows section if the video type is tagged as such on iTunes. Unfortunately iTunes forces you to set the video type tag individually for each video, which is a pain in the... Apple (sorry).

TV Show Applescript for iTunes
    http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=setvideokindofselected

Handbrake

http://handbrake.fr/