TV Tuner ... connected by WiFi

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Calatis, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Calatis macrumors newbie

Calatis

Does anybody knows about any TV Tuners (HD-ATSC) that I can connected to m iMac via wifi? I know it is a crazy concept, but also iMac is kind in the same category - no upgrades.

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Hmmm....

Is there any reason why it can't be USB? Elgato makes several Mac-specific USB TV tuners.

3. Calatis thread starter macrumors newbie

Calatis

The apple concept is to have a box where you have everything you need. My iMac has a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, wireless printer, you see were I go with this, I do not want to see anything stinking out from my machine. My previous PC was like an octopus, cable all over the place, I hate cables. I use the ports from my machine only when I transfer something, any way with temporary status. The USB TV Card is not big deal, Hauppauge has a very good model, but the signal cable it is. I guess I might have to make some compromises.

4. jampat macrumors 6502a

If it really annoys you, use a different hidden computer as the back end. Your iMac is just the front end then and needs no cables.

5. rbacca macrumors newbie

Don't know of one.. But it would be awesome on my Laptop

Let me know if you find one.

And please don't tell me that I can watch TV\cable Over the internet because you can't. :mad: (well you can but is not the same):D

Think about this.. on your laptop you have an application that controls a cable tuner\box via WIFI (you can change the channels etc), The content of the selected channel is delivered to you via WIFI. You could move laptop where you want. You could also view it using your IPOD, or IPAD.

Simple Now I just need to find one.:rolleyes:

6. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty