tvOS 11 not switching between Stores

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by neilaja, Sep 19, 2017.

1. neilaja, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017

neilaja macrumors newbie

I have multiple Apple ID’s for different countries and when I change the accounts the store still stays in my home country.

Before updating to tvOS 11 the store would automatically switch when I changed accounts. I even get the error attached in the picture but when I choose the option “change store” nothing happens.

Any ideas/advice?

A61BEC68-2404-43BF-82A5-D6CB109D6554.jpeg

Edit: It is only between USA and Australian stores. Any country without the “TV app” it will switch to and from normally. Just won’t switch between USA and Australia.

Edit 2: Logging in and logging out of all accounts fixes the issue

2. sigftw macrumors regular

sigftw

Thanks for the updates. Super helpful. Can I ask you a question though?
    If you download a “TV app” from let’s say, Australia, log back into your US account and start watching content from the Australian “TV app” compatible app, does the next show episode get added to “What’s Next?”.

I ask as I’m in the UK now but most of my bought content is on a US account. I want to install bbc iPlayer from the uk account and then still have it integrated in “What’s Next?” When I switch back to my US account.

I hope my question makes sense.

3. neilaja thread starter macrumors newbie

Great question. Not sure to be honest. Haven't had a chance to test it out that far sorry.

4. entropyfl macrumors 6502

I don't find the TV app works great at all. for example when I start a new show with a few eps to catch up on. it will play the show then goes back to TV app but its stuck on the ep I just watched. I have to exit the App then go back into it to update with the next app.

I've just started streaming all my content from my computer's iTunes library upstairs.

5. JohnPower macrumors newbie

dear neilaja, thank you very much for your solution - had the same problem!