tvOS 12 officially launching 9/17

shakopeemn

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2014
Hope it fixes a lot of the current issues with the TV app and brings Atmos to every film labeled with it.
You don't sound very happy. I'm happy with the AT4k, DolbyVision remains unreal in picture quality. I will need to upgrade my receiver, as Apple has one HDMI out and my receiver doesn't support 4k pass-through.

Last edited:

awp69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
You don't sound very happy. I'm happy with the AT4k, DolbyVision is remains unreal in picture quality. I will need to upgrade my receiver, as Apple has one HDMI out and my receiver doesn't support 4k pass-through.
I’m happy. I just want things like the TV App to work correctly and for Atmos to actually work on all the films it is listed for.

Reactions: Jumpie

mikeb13

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
If you update Netflix manually today, it has Atmos and the new sidebar UI. You must be on the beta to get Atmos.
[doublepost=1536790881][/doublepost]Here’s Netflix after the update today.

Attachments

Reactions: awp69

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Wonder if the 4K/HDR filter will work again in the TV app. It’s now totally disappeared off my ATV

awp69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
Wonder if the 4K/HDR filter will work again in the TV app. It’s now totally disappeared off my ATV
It should be working again. Try signing out and in again and rebooting.

rmoliv

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2017
Why isn't tvOS 12 showing up on software updates? I unenrolled from the public beta program after installing the GM and was expecting to see the commercial version available today for download and install... Does anyone know? And what about the ISS screen savers? Is it me or they're nowhere to be found?

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
If you update Netflix manually today, it has Atmos and the new sidebar UI. You must be on the beta to get Atmos.
[doublepost=1536790881][/doublepost]Here’s Netflix after the update today.
Not here. After the update those four shows still show 5.1. Did Netflix pull their Atmos streams or is it a regional thing ?

PS: running tvOS12 and the latest Netflix app

DHA

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2014
Nothing on Atmos on netflix after tvOS12 update either
Not here. After the update those four shows still show 5.1. Did Netflix pull their Atmos streams or is it a regional thing ?

PS: running tvOS12 and the latest Netflix app

awp69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
Have you tried playing Netflix titles that should have Atmos? I’ve found they do work but just still say 5.1 on the page.

rmoliv

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2017
Have you tried playing Netflix titles that should have Atmos? I’ve found they do work but just still say 5.1 on the page.
Netflix doesn't stream in Atmos on Apple TVs... As of this moment. If you have an LG Super UHD or OLED TV or an Xbox you'll be able to stream Netflix content in Atmos.

EDIT: Atmos logo now showing on Atmos content on Apple TV's Netflix app and streaming in Atmos as well.

Last edited:

awp69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2017
Netflix doesn't stream in Atmos on Apple TVs... As of this moment. If you have an LG Super UHD or OLED TV or an Xbox you'll be able to stream Netflix content in Atmos.
Incorrect. It does on Apple TV. I used it this weekend on the GM. It says 5.1 on the Netflix page but plays in Atmos.

Reactions: rmoliv
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.