Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Can anyone definitively confirm or refute that an AppleTV 4K running tvOS 13 can simultaneously stream BT audio to two separate pairs of BT headphones?

Thank you.

groove-agent

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2006
I would like to know this as well. We bought two sets of headphones and a 4k. I tried my ATHM50XBT (5) and my Airpods (BT 5) but it says you cannot connect two devices. However I wonder if it's because the AirPods Pro might count as two devices since there are two physical phones.

I'm trying to find a definitive answer. There is a lot of conflicting information on the internet regarding this issue.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
a pair of AirPods count as one device

you can only connect one regular bluetooth device to an Apple TV (or iPhone/iPad).

if you have beats or AirPods, you can connect 2 pairs, but both must be beats or AirPods.
Phone/iPad has done this for a version or two, tvOS has to be 14

AirPods aren't just BT 5, they do use it, but they have Apple's proprietary W series chip which allows more features than the regular BT spec, like auto swap and auto pairing using iCloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.