tvOS 13 multiple users: mine is showing twice

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I'm the only person in the household installing beta's on all my devices, including the Apple TV's (one 4K, on HD) and at first when you long pressed the upper right button, the new menu with slide in and it would show my user as only user. Since a couple of beta's it's showing me double. Anyone else having this problem? Didn't bother to post since it's beta, but we're getting close to release now :)

adnbek

macrumors 65832
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
I'm the only person in the household installing beta's on all my devices, including the Apple TV's (one 4K, on HD) and at first when you long pressed the upper right button, the new menu with slide in and it would show my user as only user. Since a couple of beta's it's showing me double. Anyone else having this problem? Didn't bother to post since it's beta, but we're getting close to release now :)
If you had more than one Apple ID registered with the Apple TV it creates a “user” for each ID.

chrismac2

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
For me, since I have separate Apple ID's for iCloud and iTunes Store, it created a profile for each. The iTunes Store is the one you want since all your media purchases are tied to it. I just removed the iCloud one. The only problem is the iCloud account has my profile pic, the iTunes Store one does not, it just has my initials.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2009
For me, since I have separate Apple ID's for iCloud and iTunes Store, it created a profile for each. The iTunes Store is the one you want since all your media purchases are tied to it. I just removed the iCloud one. The only problem is the iCloud account has my profile pic, the iTunes Store one does not, it just has my initials.
I am having this issue as well. I have my user account associated with my iTunes Store ID. I updated the profile pic on iCloud.com but it will not update on the Apple TV. Not the end of the world but certainly annoying. My wife also changed her profile pic on her iCloud account and it won't update on Apple TV.

Solver

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I had this happen. I just signed out of iCloud and signed back in using my iOS device brought near the Apple TV. That fixed it.

Reactions: BlankStar

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Hmm, I'll try that Solver. I updated to the GM and my double account is still there. And unless some previous poster, I don't have multiple ID's. I use one for everything.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I deleted my whole "home" and set it up from scratch, also because I wanted to change my WiFi-setup (got a seperate 2.4Ghz network now for all HomeKit stuff) and that fixed it for me, even before the .2 beta