tvOS 14 Question - Profile Pictures

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
For those of you with the tvOS 14 beta, does this fix the issue where your profile picture won't work if you use a different apple ID for iCloud & purchases?

FarmerBob

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2004
I'm finding it pretty buggy. I would even noticed anything about my Avatar traveling well.

Antoni Nygaard

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2009
Denmark
Does PiP work out of the box for apps that uses the build in video player or do they have to be updated?

I guess Netflix and infuse have to be updated since they use their own player.

ErikGrim

macrumors 601
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Love to hear it.Ive been hearing that all the new software is pretty stable already. This might be a good year of updates.
tvOS proper is not stable unfortunately. Lots of playback bugs in third party apps. Losing remote control, no back/forward. No resume. No setting of the view flag when finished etc etc.

Reactions: xsmett

zea

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
Yes. Picture seems to show up and be updated pretty much instantaneously like other devices now
This may sound silly, but news of this finally working properly has me more excited than the rest of the tvOS update, haha. I've been waiting for a fix for this for forever. Glad to hear it's working!

Now the other question is, does Big Sur fix the exact same problem in the macOS App Store where only the profile picture with initials showed there too.

Reactions: ErikGrim

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
This may sound silly, but news of this finally working properly has me more excited than the rest of the tvOS update, haha. I've been waiting for a fix for this for forever. Glad to hear it's working!

Now the other question is, does Big Sur fix the exact same problem in the macOS App Store where only the profile picture with initials showed there too.
Dang I didn’t even know there was a profile picture spot in the Mac App Store. Now I can’t unsee it lol

Maybe 2021 is our year!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.