Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soondae

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2012
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hello fellow forum users, this is an informational post not an issue that I need help to solve as I have solved the issue.

So after update to said TVOS 16.3.2 my latest generation remote (A2540) paired to my 1st Gen ATV4K just quit controlling the volume on my Samsung TV when it has worked perfectly over the past year. After trying numerous settings such as switching from auto to TV IR, manually entering the learn commands, and back with numerous restarts and fiddling with Samsung settings I decided to perform a reset of the AppleTV remote. This is easily performed by holding the TV Button and the volume - (minus) button at the same time for a few seconds. You will see the white lamp on the ATV go out then come back on telling you the remote has been reset.

My issue was immediately resolved and the ATV remote controls volume properly once again on the TV. Hope this post might help someone that has had similar issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.