tvOS 9.2

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ed71, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ed71 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

This thread for the first impressions about new update, here :
    - interface more responsive (fast !)
    - iCloud Photo : no albums ! lack of screensaver capabilities
    - sound : it seem to be no changes

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

I can see all the shared albums I made. Dunno if that is what you are referencing to??? I do like that I now can see our shared family album on my tv. Much better experience.

What kind of sound changes were you expecting with a software update? Isn't that limited to hardware specs?

3. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

It does not include Albums or Smart Albums that I create. The prior Release included Shared Albums. These are available on my Mac and iPad/iPhone but not on the Apple TV. I can also see them on the Apple TV if I use the Computer ICON and access via my Mac Photo Share. But I want FULL ACCESS to iCloud Photos on the Apple TV the "exact" same as on the iPad. My organization is completely lost on the Apple TV.

4. Deadeyeshark macrumors regular

Deadeyeshark

This feels like an oversight. The app feels pointless without any organisation.

5. 2010mini macrumors 68040

I see both your points. Maybe Apple feels only your shared albums should be on a device accessible to everyone in your home. I myself have albums on my devices that I NEVER want just anyone who picks up my Apple TV remote to be able to access!!!!....Gods no!

On a Mac and iOS devices, those are at least safe behind a passcode/password.

6. MrTemple macrumors regular

Password protected images are a separate issue from albums.

If the AppleTV respects the passwords (at least hiding them), then they won't show up in the All Images smart album that's built in. If it doesn't, you've got bigger problems!

If the ATV can show an image in the 'All Images' album, it sure as hell should be able to show that image if it exists in an album.

7. purpleparrotuk macrumors 6502

Was hoping for bitstream sound but obviously apple don't consider false advertising a priority. They advertised it does Dolby digital plus when it doesn't. Also the sound quality has been reduced from the Atv3 and no fix for this.

8. off_piste macrumors 6502a

I've twice had to reset my Apple TV because it wasn't playing sound and nothing would bring it back short of a reset. Hoping this isn't a continuing problem going forward.

9. ed71 thread starter macrumors newbie

New bug solded : photos are not cropped in full screen now !

10. John_Hagan macrumors member

John_Hagan

On the positive side....the Bluetooth keyboard feature is great. Makes things a little easier.