Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Hi, quick question about the TVoS profile - I have it on my 10.3.3 sportin' 6S Plus and it works as expected. I see "10.3.3 Your iPhone software is up to date" when I go into software update. That's fine but my dads iphone 7 (11.1.2) seems to ignore the fact that the profile is installed. If I go to his software update page it displays a "Download and Install" button for whatever the next version of 11 is. Does anyone know why this might be? Thanks.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Hi, quick question about the TVoS profile - I have it on my 10.3.3 sportin' 6S Plus and it works as expected. I see "10.3.3 Your iPhone software is up to date" when I go into software update. That's fine but my dads iphone 7 (11.1.2) seems to ignore the fact that the profile is installed. If I go to his software update page it displays a "Download and Install" button for whatever the next version of 11 is. Does anyone know why this might be? Thanks.

Delete it from storage, it's probably already downloaded. Then reboot.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
That's what I thought too but it actually tells me to Download and Install (implying, I think, that it's not already on the phone). I'll verify next time I see him though. I just wanted to verify iOS 11 doesn't work around this somehow. Thank you.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
That's what I thought too but it actually tells me to Download and Install (implying, I think, that it's not already on the phone). I'll verify next time I see him though. I just wanted to verify iOS 11 doesn't work around this somehow. Thank you.

No I have 11 blocked on at least 7 devices with this method. Make sure it's an up to date profile too

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Ohh perhaps that's the issue then. I downloaded a profile which worked like a charm on my 10.3.3 phone and used the same for his. That might be why it ignores it. Any chance you could PM me a link? If you already have one that is. If not I'll dig around. The update notifications are driving him so bonkers he's just started accepting them.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2015
Thanks a ton. Just checked and my profile is indeed called tvOS 10 Beta Software Profile. That solves that mystery.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I also had an older tvos profile in my iPhone SE that runs iOS10.3.2 which worked fine untill today. I just noticed an indication that iOS11 was suddenly downloaded. I just delete it. I also noticed my tvos profile was suddenly gone. I just installed the above and hope that keeps working for a while.

When I go to software updates it does keep showing a '1' as an indication but with this latest profile it does indicate that I have the latest version (10.3.2)

Last edited:

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2017
That is because your phone already did check for the update for the iOS 11, because older beta tvOS profile didn't work.
Just ignore it. It is only annoyance and beta profile is working fine if you don't see available update.

There is a way to remove that 1 badge from the settings.

Reactions: pacorob
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.