Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Booch21

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Just upgraded and my shows that normally just appear when on the AppleTV icon are not there. Only these previews of stuff that I don’t watch. Anyone know how to get the Up Next shows back?

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I'm not happy that it's gone. I used to use UP NEXT like a play list and now the app is not as useful.

Also, I *never* watch Sports and I really wish there was a way to remove Sports from the menu in the TV app.

Reactions: tonyr6

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I'm having the same issues on one Apple TV. I did a full reset/update/install on the one in my bedroom and it seems to be working, although I rarely use the Up Next. I have to open ATV App to get them to show and they're showing the last shows that I watched.

In the living room, I have to play a show that I've been watching and when I go back, all my Up Next shows are there. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update.

Javabird

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I'm having the same issues on one Apple TV. I did a full reset/update/install on the one in my bedroom and it seems to be working, although I rarely use the Up Next. I have to open ATV App to get them to show and they're showing the last shows that I watched.

In the living room, I have to play a show that I've been watching and when I go back, all my Up Next shows are there. Hopefully this is fixed in the next update.

Seems like it's still there, but buggy and keeps disappearing randomly for me. Someone on a different forum posted this quicker way to refresh by double-clicking the TV button on the remote, swipe to the TV app, then swipe upward to close the app. When you launch the app again, it will work again.

Reactions: satcomer

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I have never seen my „what’s next“ shows anymore.

My shows will start in the next days. Amazon screwed it up for me so I hope that the app will bring that back. I don’t care about these commercials about buying movies

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
I’m disappointed this is gone too. Why put ads / previews of random shows I don’t know about in prime space.

I want to see what I’m watching right at the top, not stuff I maybe interested in.

This should be in a recommended section within the tv app itself.

Hope Apple fix this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.