Tvout2mirror: Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Happytodd, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Happytodd macrumors regular

Dear Macrumors,

I'm considering Whether or not I should purchase a AV cable and try out one of the many tweaks that let me mirror any iOS device (my iPad 2 or iPhone 4) to tv. Has there been any power reduction to these components just like what apple did to the camera connection kit? Also are the tweaks still very laggy at mirroring the display on a tv. I found a video where it looks like its not laggy whatsoever, here's the link:
    http://i.tuaw.com/2011/04/04/video-mirroring-on-the-original-ipad/

What are peoples opinions on this, is it worth the time, effort, and money?

2. micp2912 macrumors newbie

This is one of my favorite apps. Love it. Used it on my LCD tv and also in my chevy tahoe on the nav screen.

3. Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

Is the tweak laggy at all? For playing games and such? It sounds like you use the tweak alot and thoroughly enjoy it huh! :D

4. Happytodd, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

Happytodd thread starter macrumors regular

I just purchased a component cable from apple and tried it out on my iPhone 4 running 4.1.. Im getting no picture, before I was getting sound but now nothing. The was with DisplayOut. I then downloaded resupported 4 and tvout2mirror and they don't work either. Please help I'm panicking because I won't be able to return the cable as im on holidays at the moment!

Edit:
    I now have picture and only sound when playing imported music using displayout and tvout2mirror. Is sound only supported for certain apps? Also when playing angrybirds it won't play it fullscreen on tv, it'll show the top left corner on tv and that will be displayed fullscreen instead.
    When I play Tinywings it won't rotate horizontally on the tv either and is ridiculous to play vertically for a horizontal game.

Can't find away to get it to work with my iPad 2 with only Displayout running.. :/