TWC Max not working?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TechJunky, Jan 14, 2010.

1. TechJunky macrumors regular

I finally decided to come off $4 and upgrade to TWC Max, and what do you know, it doesn't work. The app opens and says "finding location" then switches to the keyboard screen to enter a city or zip, then crashes to the springboard everytime. I've tried reinstalling many times, powering off/on, etc, nothing seems to get this app to work. Are their servers just down today? Or is this app really that bad? Any known conflicts that would crash this app? TIA

2. gdlcjr macrumors regular

I don't have issue today, except the push does not work since I bought it. If you could get a refund ask for it and stick with the free one. The only difference between the paid one is the free app has ads.

3. TechJunky thread starter macrumors regular

I can't believe no one else has an issue. This is the first app I have ever had trouble with. I tried downloading on my wife's phone and it crashes too. I also tried downloading and syncing through itunes...didn't work. And even though I doubt being jailbroken has anything to do with it, I removed all jailbroken apps in case there were any conflicts. No luck. Grrrrrrrrr. :mad:

4. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I checked mine early this morning with no problems and just now and... no problems.

5. TechJunky thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for checking. I haven't confirmed if it's a bad download, or a conflict on my phone. But I refuse to do a restore. Like I said, this is the only app I've ever had trouble with and the phone is running perfect otherwise. If anyone else is jailbroken on a 3G with 3.1.2, and using this app, let me know. Thanks!

6. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I use mine multiple times daily and haven't had a problem. I'm just sayin'.

7. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

whats the advantage of max, cause i heard the push notifications and future cast hardly ever work anyway.

8. TechJunky thread starter macrumors regular

The main reason I want it is that it has tides & beach conditions, no other app has that coupled with normal weather info & radar. Plus it would be cool to set which screen it opens to.

I give up, I'll just have to wait for an update, or I do a restore, and see if it works then. :(

9. nickrinaldi macrumors regular

well if you look at the app store reviews, tons of people have issues with max, thats why i never bothered with it. only thing i would want it for is weather alerts but people say they don't work for them