Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Does anyone have an alternative to the "favorites widget" on the lock screen that lock info 5 offers?

I really love how you can have your favorites on your lock screen and can call without having to unlock the phone and then go into the phone app in order to call but I don't like anything else about it.

I'm not familiar with the way how lockinfo changes the notifications in the lock screen and would rather stick with the stock version.

Thanks for any alternative suggestions by anyone

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
CallBar can kind of do what you're asking although its not built into the notification center. Me personally, I prefer to keep my NC clutter free so my important notifications stand out. I only give a few apps permission to send notifications. Regardless, I swear by CallBar. It has favorites built right into the app. Hers a quick screenshot. My favorites is grayed out because I recently restored my phone and haven't set my favorite contacts yet. There might be alternatives. I don't know. I used to use LockInfo and having favorites built in on my lockscreen was great. But once I purchased CallBar I stopped using LockInfo for this particular feature. And then ultimately I stopped using LockInfo altogether for other various reasons.

Attachments

• oWQgsne.jpg
    oWQgsne.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 105

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
unfortunately, i wish to be able to make phone calls via the lock screen so that tweak does not seem to be ideal for what I want

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
unfortunately, i wish to be able to make phone calls via the lock screen so that tweak does not seem to be ideal for what I want

Actually that's exactly what it does. It allows you to place calls from ANYWHERE on the device...lockscreen, in games, in safari, home screen, anywhere. It's a little pricey though but in my opinion well worth it. Plus when your phone rings, instead of getting kicked out of an app (like if youre playing a game) and having the phone app open, you'll just get a banner notification while your phone rings and vibrates (or whatever you have it set up as). If you want to answer you just tap the banner. It may or may not be for you. But it allows you to quickly call your favorite contacts from any screen on the iPhone. I have mine set to a double tap of the home button. So from any screen I just tap the home button twice and that banner opens up from the pic I posted. Ill show you what it looks like on the lockscreen if you want.

Edit: Obviously that's only when I open CallBar via the double tap of the home button. It's not normally there on the lockscreen. If I accidentally opened it, you just do it again to close it. I don't use the lockscreen music controls and I use Zephyr that's why I have mine set to home button double press. You can set it to anything via activator.

Anyways, just throwing it out there. I didn't expect to type so much haha. Who knows, there might be a Notifcation Center solution that I don't know about since I swear by CallBar. Maybe Bulletin can do what you want? IntelliscreenX can definitely do it too.

Attachments

• cGbZDaC.jpg
    cGbZDaC.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
I have my favorite widget on my lockscreen, using Lockinfo 5
My favorite widget is the weather widget, but you can put other widgets below that to some extent using the same tweak. I dont, but i have the ability to drag down to get my tap to share and calendar widget on the lock screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.