Tweak Request - Attach Photo from Mail app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vtmikevt, Jan 5, 2012.

1. vtmikevt, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012

vtmikevt macrumors regular

I've often started an email and realized I wanted to attach a photo from my camera app. It seems anti-intuitive to have to start from the camera photo and then use "email photo".

Yes I know I can save the email as a draft, go to the photo, select "email photo", then copy and paste the photo from the new email into my existing one, but how much of a pain is that?!

I'd love to see "attach photo" added to the tap hold menu (with Select, Select All, Paste).

Does this exist as a tweak somewhere?

EDIT: AnyAttach is what you want!

2. wressus macrumors member

But you can just copy the photo directly from gallery, and then paste it in a mail...

3. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

I suppose that works...I actually didn't know you could tap+hold and get the "Copy" option on a photo.

I suppose you still have to switch in / out of apps, but this is better than what i was doing previously.

Thanks!

4. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

This is pretty embarrassing considering that almost all major OS platforms have this feature. What makes it even more "Sad" is the fact that people actually put up with it. I guess I understand.....:confused:

My work around is the gmail app. You can attach photos from within the app itself.

Pretty stupid to copy the photo and then go back into the mail app and paste it. Yes, you can enter the photo app first and select the photos you want. However, alot of people check their mail first and then decide to attach a photo.

iPhone is a very powerful device......but it lacks alot of simple features:confused::mad:

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

in my IOS unjailbroken btw I open my gallery. See a photo I like hold my finger on it I get the following options.

Email Photo
    use as wallpaper
    tweet
    print

6. MsvSpaz macrumors newbie

The AnyAttach tweak from Big Boss lets you do this.

7. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Did you even read the OP at all?

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Yes I forgot going to the photo gallery from the lower left window. then do as I posted that's how I do it.. I guess it Doesn't bother me as much seems there was a jb tweak but I can't remember the name...

9. vtmikevt thread starter macrumors regular

This is exactly what I'm looking for! $2. Also allows you to attach any files on your phone or in your dropbox account. Brilliant!

10. Selena Gomez macrumors member

I've been using PhotoMail from Cydia for a while

11. wressus macrumors member

Yes i agree, I'm really waiting for the jailbreak to 4s! Iphone+jailbreak makes it the best phone in the world, now its more the most stable phone...