Tweak Request - Attach Photo from Mail app

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
I've often started an email and realized I wanted to attach a photo from my camera app. It seems anti-intuitive to have to start from the camera photo and then use "email photo".

Yes I know I can save the email as a draft, go to the photo, select "email photo", then copy and paste the photo from the new email into my existing one, but how much of a pain is that?!

I'd love to see "attach photo" added to the tap hold menu (with Select, Select All, Paste).

Does this exist as a tweak somewhere?

EDIT: AnyAttach is what you want!

Last edited:

wressus

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010
I've often started an email and realized I wanted to attach a photo from my camera app. It seems anti-intuitive to have to start from the camera photo and then use "email photo".

Yes I know I can save the email as a draft, go to the photo, select "email photo", then copy and paste the photo from the new email into my existing one, but how much of a pain is that?!

I'd love to see "attach photo" added to the tap hold menu (with Select, Select All, Paste).

Does this exist as a tweak somewhere?
But you can just copy the photo directly from gallery, and then paste it in a mail...

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
But you can just copy the photo directly from gallery, and then paste it in a mail...
I suppose that works...I actually didn't know you could tap+hold and get the "Copy" option on a photo.

I suppose you still have to switch in / out of apps, but this is better than what i was doing previously.

Thanks!

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York

This is pretty embarrassing considering that almost all major OS platforms have this feature. What makes it even more "Sad" is the fact that people actually put up with it. I guess I understand.....:confused:

My work around is the gmail app. You can attach photos from within the app itself.

Pretty stupid to copy the photo and then go back into the mail app and paste it. Yes, you can enter the photo app first and select the photos you want. However, alot of people check their mail first and then decide to attach a photo.

iPhone is a very powerful device......but it lacks alot of simple features:confused::mad:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
in my IOS unjailbroken btw I open my gallery. See a photo I like hold my finger on it I get the following options.

Email Photo
use as wallpaper
tweet
print

wressus

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010
This is pretty embarrassing considering that almost all major OS platforms have this feature. What makes it even more "Sad" is the fact that people actually put up with it. I guess I understand.....:confused:

My work around is the gmail app. You can attach photos from within the app itself.

Pretty stupid to copy the photo and then go back into the mail app and paste it. Yes, you can enter the photo app first and select the photos you want. However, alot of people check their mail first and then decide to attach a photo.

iPhone is a very powerful device......but it lacks alot of simple features:confused::mad:
Yes i agree, I'm really waiting for the jailbreak to 4s! Iphone+jailbreak makes it the best phone in the world, now its more the most stable phone...