General Tweak request: control center color

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ttinc, Jan 16, 2014.

1. ttinc, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014

ttinc macrumors regular

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I doubt you'll find anyone interested in duplicating someone else's work just so you can avoid paying him for his work.

3. ttinc thread starter macrumors regular

1. It's just one small part of a larger, more complex tweak -- which would probably be easier to implement rather than "duplicating" the whole thing.

2. Who said it would be just catered to me? Perhaps others would be interested in using it as well.

3. Perhaps I wouldn't mind paying for it if it were a cheaper and/or if I could try it out first to see if/and how well it works.

4. There are many free tweaks out there -- what's the big deal?

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I don't believe I said anything was a big deal. I simply expressed my opinion on the unlikelihood of your finding someone eager to create your bespoke tweak. But I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong; you be sure to report back in this thread on how many devs end up lining up for the job, okay?

5. ttinc thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely not a matter of right or wrong here -- that wasn't how I was trying to come off...matter of fact, your assessment is probably accurate; though "it never hurts to ask" I suppose.

----------

Ya, I've seen that -- though it looks as if it only allows you to pick from a predetermined set of colors at the moment...would be nice if it had a color customizer with sliders or something to that extent, although we won't know for sure until it's released. Also, I hope that it's also able to work with "increase contrast" turned on in order to make for a more consistently "flat" UI experience for those that may want to utilize it in that respect.

6. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Tweak request: control center color

The developer mentioned on Twitter that the final version will allow for custom colors of your choosing not just preset ones. As far as for working with increased contrast turned on I have no idea about that.

7. ttinc thread starter macrumors regular

Just found his account -- says it will be released by the end of this week.

8. ARSkemp macrumors 6502

I'd enjoy a tweak for this. Hopefully it is something that I won't clash with flipcontrolcenter since CCQuick Pro looks like it probably would.

9. ttinc thread starter macrumors regular

Updated OP with link and info.

10. vcao macrumors regular

[/COLOR]

Ya, I've seen that -- though it looks as if it only allows you to pick from a predetermined set of colors at the moment...would be nice if it had a color customizer with sliders or something to that extent, although we won't know for sure until it's released. Also, I hope that it's also able to work with "increase contrast" turned on in order to make for a more consistently "flat" UI experience for those that may want to utilize it in that respect.[/QUOTE]

I've confirmed with my devices. The tint color doesn't work with increase contrast on for 7.0.4 or 7.1. There's an option to adopt NC style for CC which will turn the CC black with increase contrast on, but only for 7.0.4, doesn't work on 7.1

Similarly, Fancy seems to work on 7.0.4 to tint with increase contrast on too.

11. ttinc thread starter macrumors regular

It has an immense list of colors to choose from and it also allows you to put in a HEX value to choose your own custom color as well. Definitely works with increase contrast turned on...have you tried the latest beta (version 4)?

12. vcao macrumors regular

hmm yeah running beta4-1 on 7.1 beta 3. Can't get it to tint the CC...