Tweak to auto update apps in the background?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JMC08, Sep 11, 2011.

1. JMC08 macrumors regular

I'd like to find out if there is anything in Cydia that allows you to auto update apps in the background. For example, in my Words with friends app, everytime I open it, it must connect to the server and update my games, even after a push notification comes and says its my turn. Or, if I had a News app that isn't in newsstand, and I want the news for the morning ready to be read without opening it up.

Anything out there that can do this stuff without killing the battery?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

your asking for allot with the 1st part and I'm pretty sure near impossible on the second part. the app would always have to be pulling new tweets facebook, games etc. so it would be contently pulling something. how could this not effect battery life. there is nothing I'm aware of that does what you ask. it doesn't take that long to pull the data imo.

3. JMC08, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

JMC08 thread starter macrumors regular

I simply said 'doesn't kill the battery'. I know battery would take a hit, but I don't want it to die in an hour.

And maybe there is something out there that allows you to pick which apps auto update, and updates at a user defined interval?