iPhone Tweak to collapse albums?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by crizza0309, Mar 3, 2014.

1. crizza0309 macrumors regular

Is there a tweak that lets you do this? Like in previous iOS's where the album names wouldnt show the song unless you click them? I hate how in iOS 7 when you click and artist it has the albums with all the sonngs exposed it makes searching through the album much harder.

2. crookadile macrumors regular

A tweak that does this would be fantastic. I would even pay for it.
    Why Apple missed out this feature is beyond me. Absolutely stupid.

Until a tweak comes the only suggestion I can make is use Lagu ( free ) it's a music app that looks almost exactly the same as the iOS6 music app and has collapsed albums.

3. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

MusicAppMods is a tweak that lets you customize the stock Music app. It has an option to bring back the iOS 6 Style Artists view.

4. crizza0309 thread starter macrumors regular

thank you for this!

5. crookadile macrumors regular

We'll I have just read some reviews on Musicappmods and can't see any reference to collapsed albums. Only removing album art and seeing album info.

I think I will stick with Lagu for now. It looks identical to the iOS6 music app and has collapsed albums and is free.

6. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Those reviews are old. The dev added a lot of features since release. The app lets you hide album art or have it back like iOS 6 for individual albums and more.

7. crookadile macrumors regular

Thanks for that. I'll stick with Lagu for now though. It does what I want it to.
    I'm really hoping that Apple bring back collapsed albums so that I don't have to use a third party app.

8. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

Just for reference regarding the collapsed albums, here are some screens of the options pane and the album view.

Attached Files: