iPad Tweak to disable all transparencies EXCEPT the dock?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RebornProphet, Jan 4, 2015.

1. RebornProphet Suspended

When using Reduce Transparency I don't mind the grey areas elsewhere but the dock looks hideous. Is there any way via a tweak you can enable reduce transparency in settings but keep the "real" dock (ie: the one that is semi transparent)?

Thanks!

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I'm interested in this too.

Or maybe just remove the dock background.

TransparentDock.

3. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I use HideMe8 to hide the dock background. I also use it for a lot of other tweaks, like hiding apps and using a custom carrier text and more.

4. RebornProphet thread starter Suspended

Yeah, I seen the TransparentDock tweak which removes the dock altogether, but I was hoping there was a tweak which allowed you to choose which items were affected by Reduce Transparency.

Dock - ON/OFF
    Notification Center - ON/OFF
    Control Center - ON/OFF
    Safari - ON/OFF
    Keyboard - ON/OFF

Basically on iOS 8 with the semi transparent keyboard there is some input/lag and I'd like to run everything with transparency turned off EXCEPT the home screen dock. Safari is generally a stuttering mess on iOS 8 but it's fluid with Reduce Transparency turned on. However, I'd like the dock to remain as it is normally.

5. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I would be interested in this on ipad air

I run with reduce transparency on and it doesn't bother me aside from the dock

6. sw6lee macrumors regular

I would really love a tweak like this as well! I just want semi-transparency on dock and control centre. The grey looks just terrible. Maybe folder too? I can't seem to make grey folder icon just transparent. No blur is needed. Of course the folder background should also be transparent, matching the icon - this I could do it with a tweak when I tried a while ago, but not the icon. I don't care about in-app and keyboard, and other blur effects. Maybe we should do a "Request" feature on Jailbreak subreddit.