General tweak to disable/enable passcode lock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigjnyc, May 31, 2012.

1. bigjnyc, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Is there a tweak out there perhaps for sbsettings or activator that will quickly disable or enable passcode lock? I want to be able to disable it when I am home, and in other situations. and enable it when I am out and about... and toggle back and forth at work....

I know there is a program that automatically disables it when you are on your home wi-fi, or something along those lines.... but i was looking for something that I can control.

2. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

As far as I know there's no tweak/toggle for that. You could do like I have and use applocker and lock apps like messages, email, Facebook, the things you don't want people to be able to look into if you lose your phone. It has toggles and can be turned off and on through activator.

I like it much better than the actual pass lock for the phone because people can still use the phone, play games and use basic apps like calculator and camera and I don't have to keep putting the password in when the phone goes to sleep.

3. dlmart2 macrumors 6502a

There is a tweak called AutoProtect that allows you to bypass the passcode (unlock) when you are on your "home" network, or any wifi network you choose. I use it and love it. Not sure about one based on 'location'.

4. duck33 macrumors regular

Clever Pin is what you what. It's 1.99 well worth the price.

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

love this app, thanks for the info.

6. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I was looking for something that isn't automated, and that i can toggle whenever I want. This might be my fallback though thanks

Will check this out thanks!

7. MastahRiz, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

MastahRiz macrumors 6502

As long as you get CleverPin along with the SBSettings toggle for CleverPin, you should be good to go.

Just set clever pin to always be enabled via it's time settings, but then toggle with the SBSettings toggle when you like. Or use the other options it has as well.

8. AMC89 macrumors member

This is something I would like also. Something like double tap the lock button to enable passcode

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Can I use it with IntelliScreenX's quick toggles? I don't use SBSettings and don't want to install it.

10. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

I unfortunately have zero experience with IntelliScreenX. The toggle for clever pin was specific to SBSettings though so I would guess not. May be worth a shot anyway though.

11. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I've already paid for something in the past in the hope that it would work with ISX quick settings but it didn't so I don't want to waste my money again :p

12. ElPared macrumors newbie

Most SBSettings toggles wil integrate with ISX, but the catch is that those toggles also require SBsettings to be installed. I'd advise you just install SBSettings and remove it from your notification center or put it in the ISX TopShelf and see if the toggle will work with ISX quick settings

besides, SBSettings is free and quite stable. No risk to you to try it out

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

I think they already figured that out, the post before you was 6 month old...

14. bobright macrumors 601

So what did you end up trying and using?

I know this post is old any recent findings on something that preferably works with NCSettings? I don't use SBSettings.

15. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I have been using the cleverpin tweak from Cydia, that's as close as you can get to what I was looking for I think. basically you set it to disable passcode when you are on a specified wi-fi network.... so i just set it to my home wifi network and passcode is disabled when I am home, then enabled again when I walk out the door and out of range of my wi-fi network.... you can add as many wi-fi networks as you want.

16. bobright macrumors 601

Thanks I'll give that a shot then. I guess that works since if my phone is lost usually I'm out and about where it wouldn't be able to be accessed from my areas wifi, still you never know. The toggle on/off passcode would have been more secure but oh well.

17. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

When you really think about it though, such a toggle can also be bad... You are depending on yourself to remember to flip it. I can see a scenario where if have the toggle flipped off and run out the house, I'm at a bar or something and I completely forget to flip it back on

18. bobright macrumors 601

Good point, if the phone gets lost it'll be at a random place and fall probably in the hands of a stranger. So the chances of them knowing where I live or anything and having acess is slim to none. If were to get lost or stolen you could always just change your network name and pass as well which I believe would lock them out so all good.

I just bought it liking it so far. I hated entering my passcode what felt like x50 a day at home.

19. vha23 macrumors newbie

there is an app called TapTapPass that is close, and I have it working pretty well for me.

When your phone auto-locks, or you press the sleep button -> No passcode
    When you do the activator gesture for TapTapPass -> Lock with passcode

I have my activator set up so when I short hold the sleep button, the phone locks and enables the passcode, but if I just quickly press the sleep button there is no passcode and during autolock there is no passcode. when I go out, its up to me to remember to lock the phone via a short hold and not a quick press of the sleep button. this isn't ideal, but its the best i've found so far.

Hope this helps

20. c0venant macrumors regular

CleverPin freezes all the time, I wonder if it's incompatible with Bulletin.

21. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

The way you have it setup is genius! :D thanks for sharing

22. WildGuess macrumors regular

My way

I use TapTapPass with Activator set to double tap Status Bar. That closes the screen and sets it.

23. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

That could work too but I prefer vha23's way.

24. vha23 macrumors newbie

glad to help! this community is so helpful, it's the least i could do