Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
The control center and notification center don't have the "blur" as well as other areas of the OS by default on the iPhone 4...would be interested in having it even if it does hinder performance slightly.

I know the iPad 2 can handle it because it was enabled in the earlier betas...just wondering if it's something that can maybe be "turned on" in some hidden settings in the OS perhaps?

Does a tweak like this exist?

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Found out how to do it...needed to add on the tweak "iPhone4Parallax" to work in conjunction with HiddenSettings7

It does slow down the phone a bit, but not too bad.

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I had iPhone4Parallax for a while but didnt like the way that tweak worked on folders. Are you saying the same app allows you to change the translucency on the control center? Could you share the settings, thanks. I'm also on an iphone 4.

Edit: nevermind found it in the parallax settings, had to enable blur. Works great.

Last edited:

Shinchan.Nohara

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2014
Found out how to do it...needed to add on the tweak "iPhone4Parallax" to work in conjunction with HiddenSettings7

It does slow down the phone a bit, but not too bad.

Not too bad? wow , mine just came to a standstill .. wasnt responding, cluttery animations , quickly deleted it , back to normal :)

ttinc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Not too bad? wow , mine just came to a standstill .. wasnt responding, cluttery animations , quickly deleted it , back to normal :)

It was getting stuttery for me too when it applied the transparencies to apps like messages and safari...

Here's the trick -- you can enable the blur, but also turn on "increase contrast" so that it only applies the transparency to the control center and notification center; thus leaving the rest of the system untouched and running fine.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.