iPhone Tweak To Fix Cellular Data Settings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by we can swim, May 6, 2014.

1. we can swim macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2014
    The app toggles of which can and can't use data won't save, more info here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5564798?start=0&tstart=0

I have a feeling this could be fixed through iFile or Activator/Cydia but I do not know how. In that forum someone suggested editing the flags in /var/wireless/library/databases/CellularUsage.db but i could not edit the flags when i tried, could only edit the bundleid.

Any ideas? I'm sure there are smarter people here then me or maybe there is already a tweak for this as it seems to be a common problem.
  2. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

Mar 21, 2013
    You can manually put them in, but there is a reason they keep disappearing. What carrier are you on?
  3. we can swim thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2014
    How do I manually put them in?? Im on ATT but that shouldnt matter right?
  4. darricksailo macrumors 601

Dec 18, 2012
    You can't manually input APN settings with AT&T as far as I know without some tweak(s)

Have you tried a reset network settings?
  5. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

Mar 21, 2013
    I had this exact issue with ATT, used tetherme to give me access to the apn settings, started playing with those and got the 5s I have working.
  6. issamela macrumors newbie

May 7, 2014
    Finally after so long searchin i've found someone with a jailbreaked iphone and with the same problem, i'll give you one tip, don't delete your apps , i deleted mine and the cellular data problem was fixee but a few months later the problem somehow came back, so yesterday i deleted all my apps again, what seems? Even if i reinstall my apps the celullar data problem is still there, there should be a fix for this because it's driving me crazy the last couple of days i'm looking for solutions but nothint works, but like you say in a forum someone told me to edit the flags, i'm going to install itools on my pc and look if i can edit the flags on my pc because on my phone i can't, but yeah if you have a fix let me know, i'll keep you up to date if editing the flags on pc will help , thanks
  7. we can swim thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2014
    Ok thanks everyone, somehow I can finally use data for maps. But nothing else will use data. I will try downloading tether me when I get home to edit APN settings (even tho I don't really know what that means haha) this is very annoying :/
  8. braddick macrumors 68040

Jun 28, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    When my data sometimes goes out by switching SIM's into another iPhone I use (via WIFI), unlockit.co.nz and scroll to my carrier setup and within a moment or two am back in business.

Might be worth the effort for you too.
  9. we can swim thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2014
    Ughhh nothing you guys suggested is working, anybody have any other ideas? I appreciate the suggestions though.
  10. Drivium macrumors newbie

Feb 17, 2015
    I'm having the same problem. I started a thread here: http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?p=1286505&posted=1#post1286505

But that was before I discovered this one... Did you ever figure out what was causing this? Deleting apps brought your connection back? I have no data IP, yet, it says I'm on LTE. Is this what you guys are experiencing? I'm on Iphone 5 ios 6.1.2

What apn settings worked for you?