iPhone Tweak to lock phone, but leave content visible?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blac5024, Mar 1, 2013.

1. blac5024 macrumors newbie

I have what is probably a strange request. I have a 2 year old who watches Netflix on my jailbroken iphone4 while out of the house at places like the doctors office (old phone, not active any longer dont worry lol ;)) and I was wondering if there is a hack or tweak that will leave your screen visible and active, but leave the content inaccessible until you make maybe a swipe at the top of the screen or whatever action you choose.

For example: My 2 year old can watch the movie on my iPhone, but cannot press the screen and exit the movie or pause, etc. by accident, but when I choose to I can swipe across the top, like SB Settings, or maybe triple tap the home button, and then make the screen active again.

Does something like this exist? I did a lot of searching, but my main problem is I don't even know how to word something like this. Thanks!

2. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

I doubt something like this exists, but I believe there is a tweak that disables exiting from apps. Would that be enough?

3. inselstudent, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Try iPhone settings->General->Acessibility->Guided Access

The info text says

Guided access keeps the iPhone in one a single app, and allows you to control which features are available. ...

That's what you want, isn't it?:)

edit: I think you need iOS 6 though, it"s a feature by Apple...

I've just been playing around with it and it seems pretty cool to me, it allows you to disable custom areas of the screen and also disables the home button single click and double click. You need to set a password to exit Guided Access.

third and lasT edit: seems like your request isn't that strange after all if Apple has implemented the feature into their OS ;)

4. xxxhackaxxx macrumors regular

You are looking for the app IncarcerApp in Cydia. Cheers!

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Awesome find! I never knew that tweak existed!

6. xxxhackaxxx macrumors regular

I know many things, i have been around this scene for many many years, just never got active in the forum community. I used that app a lot with my ipad :D Enjoy!

7. LithePanther macrumors 6502

If you know many things, please tell me an alternative to gridlock that isn't iBlank!

8. xxxhackaxxx macrumors regular

Iconoclasm + Iconoclasm layout maker is prob your best bet at this point

9. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Guh. Then I shall initiate my plan to kidnap, beat up, and force Chpwn to code nonstop until completed.

10. xxxhackaxxx macrumors regular

11. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I do not need luck. I simply need my shalaylay, some strong fisherman's rope, a 25-pound jug of coffee beans, and a sack of oranges.

12. xxxhackaxxx macrumors regular

:O hahaha yikes