Tweak to prevent autoplay over bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brockd, Apr 20, 2012.

1. brockd macrumors member

Recently got a new car (subaru impreza) and you can stream your music wirelessly to the head unit through bluetooth, but it always starts playing as soon as it connects. I always leave bluetooth on but don't want my music to automatically start playing so I was hoping there was a tweak to prevent it from doing so but after endless searches I have not found anything. Does anybody know if it's available?

2. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

The only ideas I have are to either try disconnecting your phone from the car and setting everything up again, or alternatively you could try keeping bluetooth turned off throughout the day,and only turning it on when you want to listen to music in your car. Having it turned off will probably save battery as well

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Check the stereo settings most have the option to not play on connection

4. brockd thread starter macrumors member

Stereo settings doesnt have that option unfortunately. There's a thread about it on the Subaru forums. I suppose I could turn off Bluetooth but it's just nice having the phone portion connected as soon as I get into the car. Android has a tweak, figured iPhone would too. Lol.