iPhone Tweak to Prevent Carrier Settings Update

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sstyle, Mar 20, 2014.

1. sstyle macrumors regular

Hi! I can not find tweak to Prevent Carrier Settings Update. Please help

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Carrier updates are harmless and if using a carrier should be allowed to update. They have no bearing on jailbreak nor system firmware on phone (except for your cellular connection to your provider).

If you mean to ask about APN settings, then that is a different matter.

3. bnickol90 macrumors newbie

I know this thread is a little old. I also would like a tweak that prevents carrier settings updates. I use a sprint iPhone 5S flashed to page plus. Every few days my phone overwrites my Pageplus prl and the carrier switches back to sprint. My calls and texts still work, but it's the wrong prl and my data connection slows, not to mention I have to enable data roaming at that point to get my data connection back. It's annoying to have to delete the carrier update in iFile and restart my phone every time it happens. Which fixes it for a few more days. But I guess that is the price I pay for using a sprint device on Pageplus. It would be nice to see a tweak such that it prevents that from occurring though.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Whenever there's a carrier update, mine pops up and says "Carrier update available. Install?" and I have to press okay or cancel. Why wouldn't you just press cancel and not install it?

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

some carrier updates are mandatory, you don't get the option to install or cancel

It just informs you that your carrier settings or something has been updated
    [​IMG]

If it wasn't mandatory, it'll show the following message after you tap update
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Oh wow, I've never seen the mandatory one, just the one in iTunes... tho I don't really pay attention, hehe.