Tweak to remove statusbar.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by newskin, Feb 12, 2011.

1. newskin macrumors 6502

I used to know of a tweak that would hide the status bar completely, not just make it transparent, when i had my 3g. I'm now on an ip4 and was wondering if anyone knows of a tweak that would do that now. I'm mainly trying to remove it from the lockscreen. Any help appreciated.

2. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

You can try clean status to remove everything. Thats what I use :)

3. newskin thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your response Missjenna, i'm also currently using clean status. The reason i wanted to remove the statusbar completely was because i was hoping to maximize the space on my lockscreen. Maybe push up the clock and date a little. I spoke to evilpenguin yesterday, the dev of clean status, and gave him the idea of making cleanstatus so we can hide different icons on the lockscreen vs the springboard. He said he'd put it on his list of future updates. That would also help as I like the clean look of not having anything on the status bar on the lockscreen but still want to know my signal strength, battery strength, etc, on the springboard. Thx again. I wonder if there is a .plist mod to remove lockscreen status bar? Hmm, gonna check it out.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Not sure if this is up your alley or not but there is a tweak called SBSimplify. It autohides your dock and status bar through activator. Kind of cool but not sure if it's been updated recently for iOS 4+ or not.

5. munrobd macrumors newbie

not yet, just checked, sorry.

6. newskin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, thats the one i used a while back on my 3g. Couldn't remember the name at all. I checked it on Cydia just now, doesn't mention anything about being updated for ios4 though. Plus it costs a buck so not sure if i would spend the dough just yet, not knowing if it'll work or not. Thx again roller and munrobd