iPhone Tweak to selectively enable/disable automatic bluetooth connection

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rrandyy, Jan 13, 2014.

1. rrandyy macrumors 6502

Is there a tweak that allows me to selectively enable/disable to which paired BT connections my phone automatically connects?

For example, I want my phone to automatically connect to my car's BT. However, I don't want my phone to automatically connect to the various BT devices in my home. Instead, I want to have to explicitly choose which (if any) BT device audio is sent to. This would be similar to how the airplay devices in my home operate.

2. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Bluetooth doesn't work that way. Bluetooth is a peer to peer connection linking two devices together. Airplay is a wifi connection where the device is always available on the network and advertising itself for use. Think of it as always in pairing mode. If a bluetooth device were to always be in pairing mode it'd drain the battery super quick.

3. rrandyy thread starter macrumors 6502

I should have been more clear. I have paired my iphone with a BT-enabled speaker in my home. When I walk into my home, my iphone automatically connects to the BT speaker and the BT speaker is selected as the audio output device. Any music that I subsequently play on my phone is directed to the BT speaker. If I change the audio output of my phone to the iphone's speaker, the audio is not directed to the BT speaker.

The tweak I am interested in would not prevent the connection to the BT speaker, but would rather disable the automatic selection of the BT speaker as the audio output device. Instead, I prefer that the phone's speaker continue to play the music/sounds unless I explicitly select the connected BT speaker as the audio output device.

4. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

This is a tweak I would like to see come to fruition as well.