iPhone Tweaks disappearing?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Norinion, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Norinion macrumors regular

Been looking this up but it only lead me to pre iOS7 situations.
    I really hope my search didn't fail as I didn't see it mentioned yet

But... my tweaks started disappearing. This happened twice already.
    I was currently trying to drain out my batteries so i can do a full charge, then this happened. (refer to 1st pic)

After the phone died, and it booted up, it disappeared. (refer to second picture). I cannot find it anywhere, even through the 'spotlight'. The tweak says it's currently installed, and activator is accessible through the Settings.app, but Flex and Bytafont I cannot. This is a bit annoying honestly.

Anyone else having this issue?

Attached Files:

2. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Tweaks disappearing?

This has happened to me to. I had to revert to no theme and hard reset my phone to get them to reappear.

3. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Tweaks disappearing?

I fibbed actually. Restarting my phone didn't do it. I reinstalled activator and they all showed back up. Not sure what's going on. The ones that keep disappearing are flux, app info, activator, and bytafont2.

4. RDAR macrumors 6502

Same thing happens to me, the only way I can fix it is if I go into Cydia and reinstall one of the tweaks/app that are missing and the rest will come back. Did you find a perm fix though cause doing this is a bit annoying.

5. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

It seems to happen every time i set flat 7 as a theme. Not sure why.

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

same here, reinstalling one of the "missing" app/tweak makes the rest come back

7. mattkilla macrumors member

I think bytafont2 is making my device act up as well. Anytime I browse the app it crashes , and cydia occasionaly crashes when using? What would be the best way going about fixing this?
    iTunes backup, reinstall cydia, restore backup?

8. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

I think if you have a tweak which is not compatible with your device, the rest of the tweaks disappear.

9. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

For what's it's worth, my phone has had a couple random crashes. When it starts up, it's in safe mode but it does not have the status bar notification saying it's in safe mode. I can't tap on the status bar and respring either. I have to power down my device manually then reboot to get it out of safe mode.

My guess is that some of you are entering safe mode but aren't aware of it and therefore think your tweaks are disappearing. All tweaks are disabled automatically by safe mode. That's the whole purpose of safe mode. Unfortunately, safe mode substrate doesn't seem to be fully updated for iOS 7 since I no longer get the safe mode title in my status bar.

10. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

My thought exactly. I just wish I didn't have to install one tweak a time to see what is causing the problem.

11. mattkilla macrumors member

Does iTunes backup , backup cydia tweaks and apps as well? I've had a bunch apps force close. Facebook Tapatalk ,messaging, bytafont. They work for a few seconds then once I start scrolling through the application it closes back to home screen.

So I'm trying to figure out how to straighten this up? Do I need to uninstall all apps and cydia and re jailbreak , really don't wanna have go through all that but tired of force closes

12. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

This just happened to me. The tweaks icons that disappeared were f.lux, ifile, and icleaner pro. I reinstalled icleaner pro from cydia and they all came back. I don't have any themes or winterboard installed.

13. bobsegal macrumors newbie

Icons dispapair on 5s after apps store updates

i have found that if i update any apple app from the app store the icons have hash xxx instead of the icon. then after some time they start to drop from the screen. I found that if i just re-install one app from cydia the apps come back on the screen and start working. I can repeat this every time i do an update of apps.

14. uisim151, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014

uisim151 macrumors regular

uisim151

possibly even an app? i couldn't find a sega genesis emulator for a ios7 5s so downloaded a incompatible one and this started to happen. I think for me at least its a cydia app causing the problem, bigify+ or iconoclasm. Found many people with this problem had these tweaks installed.

15. Superman80 macrumors regular

Ive only got 3Gunrestictor and Tetherme installed and this happens to me every time i get an official update from the App store

16. LosLoco macrumors member

This has happened twice for me too (the last time just a couple if minutes ago, which is why I came here)

Homescreen Designer, Activator and F.lux looses their Icon and can't be opened.. Truth be told, these are the only three tweaks I use, which adds an icon to the Homescreen :)

And I didn't install any app-updates, when it happened. I haven't had an update since yesterday morning, so I can't see that being the culprit.

I updated AppList in Cydia, and after a respring, the tweaks worked again and the icons were back.

This is very weird and very annoying indeed :-/

17. SkizzMcNizz macrumors newbie

Those white icons used to happen to me sometimes on the iOS 6 jb back when I had an iPhone 5. They always went back to normal when downloading any other jb app that had the phone respring. It doesn't have to specifically be one of the apps that are whited out.

18. SL4VE macrumors 6502

this happened to me too and i only had bytafont 2 installed on iPhone 5s. also what happened is the phone would ring or alarm would go off but there would be no sound

19. mattkilla macrumors member

The rpetrich repo makes cydia forceclose every time you look at a package. And there are numerous other tweaks that make springboard crash. I think this has something to do with the tweaks disappearing as well

20. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

Apps should quit straight away rather than disappear.

21. ckugo macrumors newbie

I have experienced this as well on both my 5S and iPad. After testing for a bit it seems to only happen randomly after I install f.lux. The issue fixes itself if I re-install f.lux but it doesn't seem to happen at all with f.lux not installed. Which really sucks because I really like that tweak but just gonna have to wait until something gets fixed. I'd be happy to troubleshoot if anyone has any ideas.

22. iTunen, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014

iTunen macrumors newbie

FWIW, I noticed the same on my jailbroken GSM iPad2, with iOS 7.0.4.

23. nuramohammed26 macrumors newbie

Cydia icon & Tweaks become hidden

I experience almost the same thing...my own goes like tis:
    After updating 3G unristrictor,my cydia icon & tweaks disappears but I can see them in the settings app,I was lucky to have already install apptray from cydia which I can access from the notification menu.i just added the cydia and all the apps I downloaded from cydia......pls if anybody is having a solution to this then help us image.jpg

24. trocLas macrumors newbie

The problem is with Activator. If you uninstall Activator, all the problems will be fixed. The same happened with my girlfriend's iPad 2.

25. nuramohammed26 macrumors newbie

I uninstall Activator but still the problem persist!