TweetBot 2.2 & iCloud Syncing Issues?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by LaZyFLiP, Apr 7, 2012.

1. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Is anyone else having issues with getting iCloud Syncing to work? I've tried every fix I could think of but still cannot get anything to sync. I've tried toggling the iCloud Sync within TweetBot's settings on/off, force quitting the app, rebooting, uninstalling/re-installing but still a no go.

For those that do have it working, is TweetBot listed in your iCloud Storge (Settings.app > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage)?

2. Pennine macrumors 6502

It's not working for me either!

3. LaZyFLiP thread starter macrumors regular

What version of iOS are you on?

4. besweeeet macrumors member

It's not working for me either.

One thing that I've noticed is that, after you change your sync settings in Tweetbot from iCloud to none, quit the app, and bring it back up, it'll still say iCloud. When switching it to Tweet Marker, the change will remain (but Tweet Marker syncing isn't working, either).

I've already completely removed all signs of Tweetbot from my iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1) and my iPad 2 (iOS 5.0.1).

5. R2tito macrumors newbie

Sorry... I'm new here, but I have to say that I'm having the same issue too with both my iPhone 4s and my iPad , and in the manage section of iCloud tweet bot appears so I unchecked and checked again but it didn't worked

6. LaZyFLiP thread starter macrumors regular

I've noted that also. There seems to be no way to turn off iCloud Syncing within TweetBot without it reverting back on. I'm wondering if this iCloud Syncing issue is just a bug on iOS 5.0.1.

I'm not sure I understand as there is no checking/unchecking within the iCloud Storage settings? It only list apps storing data on iCloud and allows you to delete the data. In my instance TweetBot is not even listed as storing any data on iCloud.

7. R2tito macrumors newbie

That's what I meant, I hit the delete data from the tweetbot option and then enabled it again, but it didn't changed anything; tryied quitting the app, even resetting the phone, but nothing happens, I think this is a bug in this version because everything was fine till yesterday

8. LaZyFLiP thread starter macrumors regular

Ah, ok. Was there a list of files that were being synced? Also what version of iOS are you on?

9. MecPro macrumors 6502

Same not working for me either

Guess I'll wait for the update before trashing the feature.

But it's an awesome app anyway. First one I bought as soon as I got my iPad

10. kicko macrumors 65816

I have noticed, and maybe its just me but one twitter account syncs fine while the other one is not as up to date as it should be.

11. R2tito macrumors newbie

I'm on iOs 5.0.1 on both the ipad and iphone, and the issue still persists :confused: but there is no word by tapbots if this is a bug or something else

12. nutmac macrumors 68040

iCloud syncing IS working for me, at least between iPhone and iPad. Few observations:

1. Tweetbot isn't storing any data on iCloud's Documents & Data. It would be nice if settings are stored and synced via iCloud.

2. Depending on iCloud and WiFi/3G network, it takes between 5 to 15 seconds for another device running Tweetbot is synced.

3. Unlike Tweet Marker, iCloud syncs list positions as well.

13. R2tito macrumors newbie

Weird... For me tweetbot on the iPhone is storing about 1.5MB of data on iCloud, and the iPad is just storing about 38kb.

The other thing is that with the previous version tweet marker used to sync the list position as well, but now it's not working anymore :confused:

14. LaZyFLiP thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I've been keeping a eye out on their Twitter and blog but they have yet to make any mentions. I've seen several tweets out to them of iCloud syncing issues but they seem to have no reply for them.

That's interesting as R2tito says he has data being stored. What version of iOS are you on?

Since iCloud syncing wasn't working for me, I switched back to TweetMarker and it's still working fine for me.

15. nutmac macrumors 68040

Both my iPad (3rd generation) and iPhone 4 are running 5.1. Documents & Data under Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup -> Manage Storage does not list Tweetbot.

It doesn't make sense that iPad and iPhone use DIFFERENT Documents & Data namespace though. They would have to use the same name space to be able to sync. Perhaps R2tito was looking at Backups section, which is entirely different?

16. brittlewis12 macrumors newbie

Tweetbot iCloud issues

I've noticed most of the same things all of you have, running Tweetbot 2.2 on iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4S and on iOS 5.1 on the new iPad:

Tweetbot's iCloud sync doesn't perform as advertised. Not only that, but after turning off the sync feature in account settings and quitting the app or rebooting, iCloud sync is automatically reenabled on both the iPad and the iPhone. Tweetmarker still seems to work okay, but not great. And iCloud shows no sign of Tweetbot in Documents and Data under Manage Storage in Storage and Backup.

I attempted to contact their Tweetbot for iOS Twitter account, but received no reply (it was after five, though). But their basic troubleshooting is just that. Basic. Beyond that, they chock it up to iCloud being finicky, but this is clearly a bug.

17. besweeeet macrumors member

Have any of you tried doing a restore from scratch (not restoring from any kind of backup)? I'd do it, but I need iOS 5.0.1 on both of my iDevices for jailbreaking purposes.

18. LaZyFLiP thread starter macrumors regular

Restoring is an option but I have a jailbroken 4S so that's definitely not going to flow with me.

I'm still convinced it's a bug in their app as iCloud works fine for all my other apps that utilize it as a syncing service, most notably Downcast. I guess I'll keep troubleshooting or live with Tweet Marker. I'm really hoping they're able to figure this out though.

19. nutmac macrumors 68040

Tapbots has published an article on troubleshooting iCloud: iCloud Sync

20. LaZyFLiP thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that. I've already tried the steps they mentioned but still no luck in getting sync to work.

21. R2tito macrumors newbie

x2 .... tried all the steps and didn't work for me either :(

Love Tweetbot, but this glitch is making me crazy

22. bobright macrumors 601

I am having the same problem trying to sync via iCloud across my iPad and iPhone 4.

The thing is and I think this may be it my iPhone 4s isn't on the latest IOS firmware as its jailbroken is this the culprit? it probably needs to be the latest version

23. iamJay macrumors newbie

iamJay

24. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Resetting the account cache of both my accounts on my Mac, iPhone and iPad, as well as turning on iCloud-->Documents & Data-->'Use Mobile Data' and a reboot of both iDevices fixed it for me! :D