Tweetbot 4.5 for iOS 10 Gets Richer Notifications and Profile Notes

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 19, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Popular iOS Twitter client Tweetbot has been updated to version 4.5, adding new functions for iOS 10 users as well as a few other improvements.

The update, which is free to existing users, means Tweetbot users on iOS 10 will see slightly richer notifications. The update also introduces a new feature called Profile Notes, which lets users add brief notes to the profiles of people they follow - to remind them why they did so in the first place, for instance.

Developers Tapbots explains that Users' Profile Notes remain private and sync with iCloud. To access them users should tap the gear menu when viewing a Twitter account profile they follow.

Version 4.5 also brings improved scrolling and a new verified timeline filter that limits the tweets users see to those posted by verified accounts. Additionally, the app's mute filters have been updated to match accented text characters - so a filter to block Pokemon will mute Pokémon too.

Tweetbot 4.5 is available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad for $9.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Tweetbot 4.5 for iOS 10 Gets Richer Notifications and Profile Notes

2. vmachiel macrumors 68000

This is the definitive twitter app for me. The website, and the official app to some extend, are so cluttered and confusing compared to Tweetbot.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

4. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Tweetbot is getting a little pricey. But, I bought it ages ago. Like someone else said on another thread, I'm surprised they didn't charge for this update...

5. levitynyc macrumors 65816

I paid $10 for Tweetie in 2008. It was later bought by Twitter and is now the official app.

6. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

I'd rather pay $10 for a good third-party application than a half-baked official one, especially when it's for a service that I use daily. But to each their own.

7. StrangeNoises macrumors member

StrangeNoises

Plus promoted tweets, which for some reason don't come through on Tweetbot. That pretty much clinched it for me, though I also like Tweetdeck on the desktop.

8. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

It's annoying that tweet bot shows helvetica Neue don't in tweet details and on the tweet marker in iOS 10.

9. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

It's totally worth the money in my opinion if you use Twitter enough.
    Completely shames Twitter official app.

10. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Mate, if you are that hard off that you can't afford to spend less than three coffees worth for an application you may use pretty much every day for many years I'll happily spot you it.

11. recklesslife85 macrumors 6502

recklesslife85

Rather use the official app, does all I need it to do other than streaming but I can live without that. I'm not paying £7.99 for a app every time they decide the chuck a new number at the end of the app name. Official app works well so no need.

12. Starflyer macrumors 6502a

Starflyer

That's exactly what they do. :rolleyes:

13. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

Scrolling hasn't improved on iPhone 7 Plus - it's made it laggy

14. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I love the Pokémon Go dig in the release notes, lol

15. vmachiel macrumors 68000

It's not much for something I use everyday. Plus, if you skip like... three coffees to go you have the money already.

16. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

Twitter is a service that I use a lot and what I paid for Tweetbot was more than worth it to me. It's by far the best client on iOS and OS X (macOS) for Twitter that I've ever seen. If you're not big into Twitter then I can see how the expense isn't worth it for you; it's all about the value it provides.

17. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Tweetbot puts the Twitter app to shame, well worth the price.

18. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

You also have to keep in mind that for $10 you get the app for both your iPhone and iPad. I have been using Tweetbot for years, and yes it has gotten a bit pricey. But it is totally worth it for me since I use Twitter everyday. Plus, it puts to shame the official Twitter app.

19. iwataasks macrumors newbie

iwataasks

Tweetbot is worth that price.

20. meduzarija macrumors newbie

meduzarija

Tweetbot is probably my favorite iOS app! Most well spent $10 on the App Store, at least for me! Best Twitter experience even compared to desktop web page.

21. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

The best part? The changelog! It's an actual changelog, and not some "big fixes and improvements" BS.

22. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I'd rather pay $10 than to have The developer go out of business, which is what happened to my favorite podcasts app...

23. profets macrumors 601

When the official app is neglected, filled with ads and promoted tweets, non-chronological timeline, and no syncing between iPhone, iPad and Mac, then I'll happily pay a developer who puts time into building a far superior app.

24. Carlanga, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Mate, It's not being able to afford it. It's seeing the worth in 2016 for a Twitter app at $10. Not for me especially when there is a free alternative that works good enough. I bet if the dev went to $5 or less they can get a bigger slice of the Twitter fan base before it keeps falling off its userbase. Most of the Twitter addicts would have already paid for the app. It's time to adjust and earn more. But to each it's own.

Btw 3 coffees for $10. That is a lot of wasted money on Starbucks. Let me invite you instead to an espresso home made in my apartment. I will burr grind the coffee beans from my stash of Latin America grains on the spot. :)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2016 ---
    What is it with people spending so much on subpar coffee. :)
    For sure, but I bet most of the heavy users already have the app. Is time to adjust and try to get others to buy the app before twitters numbers fall even more.
    You paid for it in late 2016 $10?
    I agree if it's something you use then it's worth i, but IMO $10 is too much for the app in sept 2016. I use the website and is good enough for me because I use more to follow and read new stuff from devs and companies than to post.

25. hobsgrg macrumors 6502

hobsgrg

Don't forget Twitter limit the number of tokens that third parties can use to prevent mass market usage of a rival twitter app. So a low price many sales strategy wouldn't be viable as they would run out of tokens. Personally TweetBot is my favourite iOS app, it's my most used app, it's well worth the price I paid for it and have no problem buying the new versions every couple of years.