Tweetbot 4 for iOS Updated With Support for Apple Watch

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 3, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Tapbots today released a significant update for its latest Tweetbot 4 Twitter client, adding support for the Apple Watch. On the Apple Watch, the default view is the Activity Feed, which includes Mentions, Favorites (soon to be likes), and Follows - the content you'd most likely want to view on a small screen.

From the Activity Feed, it's possible to tap to view individual tweets to Reply, Retweet, or Favorite, and tapping on a name also leads to a profile where a Direct Message can be sent to a user or someone can be followed. A force press on the Apple Watch within Tweetbot will bring up the option to send a tweet, and composing a message is done via voice dictation.

[​IMG]

Today's update is the second major update to Tweetbot 4, which Tapbots released a month ago. Tweetbot 4, a newly universal app for the iPhone and the iPad, introduced a redesigned look, new Statistics and Activity Views, and support for features like split-screen multitasking on the iPad. A later update also brought support for 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

Tweetbot 4 can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Tweetbot 4 for iOS Updated With Support for Apple Watch

2. farewelwilliams macrumors 68000

3. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Is this what people are using their Apple Watches for? Reading Twitter? I can't imagine it's a more convenient experience than just pulling your phone out of your pocket.

4. cchunk macrumors 6502

I was hoping for recent tweets but guess not.

5. iLoveDeveloping macrumors 6502

Unlike everything else the watch does??

6. agsystems macrumors 6502a

Question - does anyone know which site is tracking the number of native apps already migrated to the Apple Watch?

7. nutmac macrumors 68040

Well, except that you can't. Like Twitterrific, Tweetbot for Apple Watch is designed for interacting with mentions and direct messages.

8. lsbuffs macrumors regular

All I can get is the Activity Feed?! How exciting.

9. NoahK17 macrumors member

NoahK17

You think that pulling out your phone is easier than glancing down at your watch?

10. maxpouliot macrumors newbie

maxpouliot

Dissapointed that i can't see my feed on my watch!

11. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That's absolutely perfect for me! I want to be able to see mentions and DM's right away, but don't need to constantly view my entire feed.