Tweetbot broken under 10.9.3?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zen, May 18, 2014.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

TweetBot has become non-functional on my retina Macbook Pro - I can see my feeds, and they update automatically, but I can't type anything into a new tweet or reply box. I've removed TweetBot and reinstalled, even deleting the com.tapbots.TweetbotMac folder, but it's still broken.

I updated to 10.9.3 the other day and haven't used TweetBot with the OS update until now - is anyone else experiencing issues? I've emailed Tapbot for assistance but can't figure out if it is just me or not.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

It's working for me, although one tweet I made, with a small picture, took several minutes to post. But other than that, it's been fine.

3. mollywallop, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014

mollywallop macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. Can't type anything. Tried reinstalling, restarting, deleting the 'caches' folder as advised on their website.
    I've tweeted them from my phone about it. Hopefully they will do something soon.

ETA: it started malfunctioning about an hour ago, I had been using it fine all afternoon. I wasn't aware of any updates that happened at that point, App store doesn't list any updates that happened today.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

Yep, doesn't work here for me either. I was able to send out a tweet quickly yesterday while Tweetbot was trying to determine my location. Turning off Location Services for Tweetbot doesn't help though.

5. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

Came here to post this exact thing. Cannot type anything into the New Tweet box.... Annoying!!

6. chrfr macrumors 603

7. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

I think that did the trick. I tried a test tweet before and it didn't work. Then I applied the command and tried again and had success.

8. mollywallop macrumors newbie

9. trak3r macrumors newbie

experiencing the exact same thing (which led me to this thread from Google)

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I couldn't type anything. Closed Tweetbot and reopened. All good.

11. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

cubbie5150

Earlier today, Tweetbot just started, out of the blue, crashing upon start-up. An error log popped up right away, app never actually started (did this like 5 times; now, I don't even get the log/crash reporter popping up, the dock icon bounces once, and that's it). Luckily, I copied the log & was able to send it to Tapbots a few hours ago. No response yet. I was having zero issues under 10.9.3 until today. Weird....and I have not installed anything since upgrading to 10.9.3.

12. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

I’ve never had issues with Tweetbot at all. Not sure what everyone else is experiencing.