Tweetbot for iOS Gains Support for New 11 and 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Models

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 8, 2018 at 4:12 PM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Tapbots today updated popular iOS Twitter client Tweetbot to version 5.0.5, adding support for Apple's newly announced iPad Pro models.

On the new 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pros, the updated Tweetbot app will no longer display black bars at the top and bottom, as demonstrated in the screenshot below.

[​IMG]

It's a much nicer viewing experience on Apple's newest tablets, with Tweetbot able to take advantage of the full edge-to-edge display.

Tweetbot for Mac was also recently updated, with Tapbots introducing an option to match the theme to the operating system setting on Mojave, turning on the darker theme automatically when Dark Mode is activated. Also new is GIF support in the compose window for the Mac version of the Tweetbot app.

Tweetbot for iOS can be downloaded from the App Store for $4.99. [Direct Link]

Tweetbot for Mac can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $9.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Tweetbot for iOS Gains Support for New 11 and 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Models

2. NervousFish2 macrumors regular

NervousFish2

This app remains astoundingly useful, despite Twitter's shenanigans.

3. Bustycat macrumors regular

Bustycat

Still using the latest version of Tweetbot for macOS, iPad and iPhone! I only use the official Twitter app when I need to toggle some functions such as posting tweets as sensitive contents.

4. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

Well, that finally justifies the $1500 what’s-a-computer experience!

5. rturner2 macrumors 6502a

So the 3 people who bought the new iPad AND use this program are happy. Lol.

6. H3LL5P4WN macrumors 65816

H3LL5P4WN

Would I have even noticed, since I use dark mode? :D

7. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Hmmm. With so many features removed from ALL twitter focused apps, I can’t see how Mark Jardin (despite is great UI and coding skills) can justify the same pricing model as before features where removed. Just doesn’t seem right; then again I’m not a heavy twitter user.

8. uniquexoxo macrumors newbie

uniquexoxo

Does Tweetbot supports Group messaging on Twitter now?

9. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

The official Twitter app for iPad is so ugly that I'm still using Tweetbot on the iPad despite it being castrated.