Tweetbot iCloud syncing with iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Apr 30, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I can not get my timelines to sync across both devices. I do have the iCloud stream option checked on both devices.

The only thing I'm thinking could be the problem is my iPhone is still on IOS 5.0 firmware and not 5.1 as its jailbroken. Could this be the reason it isnt working? I dont think the IOS version has anything to do with the twitter client but maybe it does.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Tapbots' website just states 5.0 or newer is required so it should work. Here's their tips from their support page.

What is iCloud Sync? How do I get it to work?

With this feature, you can sync various things across multiple instances of Tweetbot (ex. between Tweetbot for iPad and Tweetbot for iPhone). Mute filters, DM read status, and your place in the timeline are all synced. So you can always continue reading where you left off between multiple devices. If you need to sync your timeline between other Twitter clients (like Twitterrific), you can change your sync service in the account settings to use Tweetmarker. Tweetmarker is a 3rd party sync service.

Getting iCloud Sync to work properly can be tricky for some. Here are a few steps to make sure you have everything set up correctly:

1) In the iOS settings, go to iCloud and make sure you are logged into the service (with the same iCloud account on both devices)

2) In the iOS settings, go to iCloud and make sure “Documents & Data” are enabled. If “Use Cellular” is turned off, iCloud Sync may not work if you are not on a wifi network.

3) In Tweetbot, go to your Settings -> Username (under Account Settings) -> Sync and make sure iCloud is selected on both devices for the same account

4) If it’s still not working, try rebooting your device. The next step would be to try re-installing Tweetbot on all your devices.

EDIT* One thing I've personally noticed is it only sync timelines if they are within a few minutes of each other. If you have gaps, it currently doesn't sync those.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I appreciate the help but yea went through all the said things still not working. I have a question, is there anything you need to click to get it to sync up once opening tweetbot? Does it just scroll up on its own? I've tried leaving it alone, closing in the task bar and re-opening and still no luck. I do get the "12 new tweets" or however many it is notification but it never moves up.

Also does streaming or import ios accounts need to be checked?

4. MaxKas777 macrumors newbie

Same issues on my 4S and iPad 2 both on 5.0.1 Tweetbot version2.3. Followed everything from the tapbots site, closed everything out, cleared documents and data for tweetbot on both then reselected it, did an iCloud backup on both devices, same account logged in, and reset account cache... still nothing.

It seems that a lot of people are having these issues but yet there is still not one solution on any forum i could find.

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I doubt Streaming and iOS accounts need to be on for it to work, however I have both on and don't have any issues with syncing.

You do not need to do anything for it to sync. Before yesterday's update, Tweetbot would place a tiny blue bookmark on the tweet that was last read. Now after the update, it's turned off by default. You may try turning it on under Tweetbot's settings just to see where it's bookmarking itself.

6. bobright thread starter macrumors 601