Tweetbot is coming

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by odelay, Mar 8, 2011.

1. odelay macrumors 6502

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Should I have heard of Tweetbot before today?

3. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Should be on the app store within a few hours.

4. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Apparently so. I have never heard of it either. What's the big deal with this app? There are a lot of Twitter apps in the App Store already.

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

It's a big deal because it comes from Tapbots. One of the best developers on iOS.

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

But what separates it from the tons of Twitter apps already in the App Store?

7. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Aside from it's user interface and the features like the triple-tap, not much. Here's a couple screen shots:

Attached Files:

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

It's an amazing Twitter app. Just purchased it while it's still on sale. Original price is only a dollar more but hey.. it's a dollar I can spend on another app.

This app blows every other twitter app away. It's amazing!

9. LoganT macrumors 68020

10. gks macrumors 6502

Yup. Agreed. Great app. Much better in my book than the official client. I'm very impressed.

11. LoganT macrumors 68020

I also want to say.

Similar color scheme doesn't equal same UI.

12. Gunner14 macrumors newbie

13. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i wouldnt say that it's "amazing"..

it's a fresh UI... many features like triple tap etc.. i mean.. is it really groundbreaking? i think the slide action bar on a tweet in tweetie (aka twitter for iOS), was groundbreaking in terms of UX..

it is my default twitter app (for now)... i may go back to twitterific/tweetie etc.. later

14. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Simply the best!!!!!! I love tapbots, have all 5 of their apps.

Push solution:

Dev recommends use of Boxcar. I find the app ugly and clunky.

I recommend use of the official twitter app solely for push notifications (maybe tucked away in some obscure folder, i.e., out of sight, out of mind) and run Tweetbot for everything else.

15. gks macrumors 6502

Twitter would do themselves a great service if they allowed notifications to be sent via email so that application developers could piggyback on that. They may not be instant but the app you use could get notifications that way. But.. seems to me that twitter is becoming less and less interested in being the company it was and providing developers with great tools. Now Twitter appear to simply be a bunch of Tools (as in the idiot type of person) with no interest in making their service any better.

16. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Thanks. I may have to check it out, especially since it's only $1.99. I use Tweetlist right now, which I'm very happy with. However, I'm always on the look out for new Twitter apps.

17. gks macrumors 6502

It may not be groundbreaking, but it adds some very nice ideas. I prefer the tap to get to the reply/retweet options over the slide to get to it method of Twitter/Tweetie.

Tapping is easier with one hand than sliding in my opinion. So I actually think this is more useful than Twitter's method.

18. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Same here I am currently very happy wit Tweetlist, after trying a bunch of different Twitter apps. Let us know how you like tweetbot compared to Tweetlist.

19. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

A couple things I wanted to touch on from quickly browsing through Tweetbot. Although the UI is nice, I still actually prefer Tweetlist's UI. I also believe Tweetlist is a more feature rich app over Tweetbot. I know that the app was just released, but in my eyes, it has some catching up to do with some of the other Twitter apps. I'll continue to play around with it some more this weekend. Although I'm still going to use Tweetlist as my main Twitter client. Tweetbot is a nice option if you're frustrated with the Official Twitter app, or are looking for an alternative to Echofon, Osfoora, Icebird, Tweetings, TweetCaster, etc.