Tweetbot issue - Twitter data limit error

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bigjnyc, Jul 10, 2012.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

So I purchased Tweetbot because I was hearing good things about it. But ever since I got it I have been getting this error message (see pic below) in my timeline, I had never seen this message before with the various twitter clients I've used both on the iPhone and on the Macbook. I get this message even if i havent used twitter in hours...... Today its really bad i havent been able to update my timeline since last night because the message keeps coming up. I even completely closed out tweetbot for several hours and no luck.

(and yes I have emailed the developers but never got a response)

Anyone know a solution to this?

Attached Files:

2. hch3psa macrumors regular

hch3psa

Just judging from responses I've seen the developers post before I imagine there might be a JB tweak interfering with it. I have this problem from time to time as well. I would suggest killing the app and giving it a minute. Sometimes it freaks out a little.

3. TheDarkNighty macrumors newbie

Same problem; i4 5.1.1 (Redsn0w) with latest version of Tweetbot (although had same issue with previous versions too). Seem to be affected for a day, then back to normal for a while.

Actually affects both my accounts configured within Tb.

Have tried resetting cache, reboot, safe mode; no difference. Uninstall/install works sometimes, but not always.

If it was a jb issue I'd guess safe mode might clear it up, at least temporarily?

Interestingly, Osfoora for Mac has no such issue at the same time; I assume data limits are per user, so if my API access is being limited by Twitter surely Osfoora would fail too?

4. TheDarkNighty macrumors newbie

[possible fix]

After a bit of searching, found a tip: Revoke Tweetbot access via twitter.com/Settings/Apps and reauthorise. Tried it and works fine so far.
    HTH

Ref: http://twicsy.com/i/zRsrPb

5. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Thanks for this tip. I tried it and haven't had the message all day. I have my fingers crossed and hope this is permanent or at leasts a long term solution

6. qubeofwar macrumors regular

Well, this scares me away from tweetbot for good!

7. TheDarkNighty macrumors newbie

Really? How sad.
    It shouldn't because Tweetbot is epic, ask around. This is only a minor annoyance, easy to fix and possibly* caused by jb'ing; nought to do with Tweetbot.

* don't quote me on this, I'm only making an assumption based on the research I did while looking for the fix.

8. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Yeah it really is the best twitter client by far. I am willing to work around this minor annoyance because its that much better than all the others I've tried.

And by the way since following TheDarkNighty's tip it hasnt happened again..... Plus I also deauthorized a bunch of old twitter apps that had permission which I am not using anymore.

9. qubeofwar macrumors regular

Twitter just made an update lately, so far it suits my needs, but if it ever fails, I will look into twitterbot again.