Tweetbot or Twitter App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Sdahe, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Hello guys,

I want to know your feedback about using Tweetbot vs. the original Twitter application. I've been using Tweetbot for a while but there are small details that I think they should fix. One of them is when you write a new Tweet and want to add a person to it. You have to write the persons username but in Twitter you have the list of the people you are following with a small avatar next to it. That's a nice feature.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use Tweetbot and prefer it over the official app for lots of reasons. Tweetbot has plenty of nice options and different ways to view information. Plus it's nice having a different tweet tone.

I liked the official app until the last major redesign when it forced me to find another app - Tweetbot.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my favorite thing about tweetbot is getting the conversation when swiping right on a tweet. after getting used to this, i couldn't go back to the official client.

4. qtaran111 macrumors member

Yep, same. The latest version of the official Twitter app is garbage; bad design, slow and crashes a lot. It seems a lot of people are moving away from the official app due to the last update.

I tried Echofon for a bit and whilst there were things about it I liked (clean layout and fast) it didn't have everything I needed. Since using Tweetbot I haven't looked back.

To the OP, Tweetbot does shortcut the process when mentioning someone. i.e. as you start typing a name, the people you follow show up above the keyboard. You can swipe left through these or hit Find User at the end of the scrolled list).

5. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yep, that's one of the cool features I like about it too!

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

There are two Tweetbots by two different developers, both at the same price.

7. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

IMO, Tweetbot is too fancy. I'm a power user and I like things simple and fast. The new Twitter took away many features (is user following you, list management, and faster access to direct messages).

Your opinions are good, I hope to steal some as I am working on my own client as well :)

8. kicko macrumors 65816

the best thing to do for a power's user app would be to create something like Tweetdeck or Seesmic