Tweetbot Push Notifications Not Working

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TheSacredSoul, Oct 2, 2014.

1. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Just got my iPhone 6 yesterday and updated to 8.0.2 and everything seems fine but Tweetbot push doesnt work? I tried reinstalling the app, revoking access, nothing works. Also, the official mail app doesn't have push for Gmail?

Any idea guys?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Gmail doesn't support push notifications for Apple's iOS Mail app (as of early last year or so).

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

tweetbot push works just fine for me, you can go into the tweetbot settings and test the push service from there to verify its working. its under the notifications menu.

also, from within tweetbot, try resetting the cache. the newest version, 3.5, that came out yesterday wasn't showing available for me in app store until i did that.

4. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah testing the push service doesn't actually make you see a push notification is it? It just says the last notification was reached at this time. Cos my push notifications now work fine. Only in the test window there is no actual push notification :eek:

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

no there is no actual push notification, just a message that says it was received by the server and is working properly.

6. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

If Twitter is logged in under iOS settings, does it affect push notifications?

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

No. I run both apps but just have the native Twitter app notifications turned off. Are you sure your notifications in the tweetbot settings are even set to "on". I think they are off by default.