Tweetbot Swype and Swiftkey Bug

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by JackieInCo, Feb 21, 2015.

1. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I've had this problem for months now and the problem remains today.

Posting a tweet in Tweetbot using either Swiftkey or Swype will post a blank tweet most of the time but will leave only the @personsname there.

Every update of the keyboards, I hope it gets fixed but it never does. I can't be the only one who had this happen.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Just posted something on Twitter using tweetbot using Swype without an issue. Did two tweets, one with and without a response to someone using the @ symbol. Worked just fine. The tweets showed in the feed as expected.

3. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 601

Like I said, it doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough that I can't use my iPhones or iPad to post. For it to happen on all three of my iOS devices, it's not something I'm doing wrong.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Oh you didn't say it doesn't happen all the time. I bet there's an issue with the keyboards. Try reinstalling?

5. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 601

I doubt that a reinstall will work since this happens on two iPhones and an iPad. Swiftkey and Swype have been updated a few times and it's never fixed this bug for me.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

7. JackieInCo thread starter macrumors 601

I got my iPhone 6+ and started it as a brand new iPhone because I could not get my iCloud backup to restore to it. So because this phone is not using a backup, proves that a reinstall will not help.

This means it is not using the backup from my 5S. It too is experiencing this and it happened 2-3 times today. The problem is, I use three phones, iPhone 6+, Note 4 and Note Edge. I forget about this bug every time I pick up my phone and use Twitter or Tweetbot.