Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Tapbots today released version 6.3 of Tweetbot for the iPhone and iPad, with the key new feature being a "Behaviors" menu in the app's settings that contains several toggle switches for fine tuning your Tweetbot experience.

Tweetbot-6-Feature.jpg

For example, while tapping the status bar in the Tweetbot app will bring you to the top of your timeline by default, users who dislike this feature can now turn it off in the "Behaviors" menu by toggling off "Tap to Top."

Here's everything in the "Behaviors" menu to start:
- Enable/Disable Tap to Top. By default, tapping the status bar will bring you to the top of your timeline. If this happens by accident and bugs you, you can now turn this feature off.
- Enable/Disable Drag & Drop Tweets. If you always accidentally invoke the drag and drop feature and wish there was a way to turn that off, now you can!
- Enable/Disable Swipe to Switch Themes. Swiping up or down with two fingers normally switches to the next or previous theme. If this happens by accident far too often you can now turn this feature off.
- Enable the ability to Customize All Tabs. For years many of you have asked for the ability to customize all the tab buttons in Tweetbot. Well, finally you can now turn this option on and set your tab menubar exactly how you wish.
- Before, the short right swipe on a tweet gesture was configurable between liking or retweeting. Now you can also customize this gesture to open link to tweet, copy link to tweet, copy tweet text, add to reading list, or be disabled completely.
The latest version of Tweetbot also features additional iPad keyboard shortcuts, a new custom app icon, a new "Harvest" light theme, and more.

Article Link: Tweetbot Updated With New 'Behaviors' Menu on iPhone and iPad

scrm

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2009
I love Tweetbot, but these new releases are starting to feel like Tapbots are re-arranging furniture while waiting for Twitter to move on updating its ‘new' API.

We need Twitter to give external clients parity with its own in terms of basic features. I’d start with: Immediate notifications, proper display of message threads and access to complex searches.

mikepop

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2021
I accidentally switch themes all the time, so that's a welcome (if minor) change!

rickeames

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Maybe spend some time showing love to the Mac version. The fact that I can't set a font on a Mac application is mind blowing to me. All sorts of control in iOS, very little on the Mac version which sometimes feels like an intern project.

idmean

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2015
I love Tweetbot, but these new releases are starting to feel like Tapbots are re-arranging furniture while waiting for Twitter to move on updating its ‘new' API.

We need Twitter to give external clients parity with its own in terms of basic features. I’d start with: Immediate notifications, proper display of message threads and access to complex searches.
Why would Twitter do that when it brings them no money?

checker2010

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2010
Maybe spend some time showing love to the Mac version. The fact that I can't set a font on a Mac application is mind blowing to me. All sorts of control in iOS, very little on the Mac version which sometimes feels like an intern project.
You have to go where the money is. I bet a load more people pay for the iPhone version.

DavidBlue

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2020
Anyone with an iPad willing to mess around with keyboard shortcuts to find the “extra” additions?

Already had a friend send a screenshot of the keyboard shortcuts guide (the thing that appears when you hold ⌘) and it doesn’t appear to have been updated.

I’m basically unable to document any changes without your help, so I’d really appreciate it.

chris4565

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2018
Couldn't agree more. The fact that message threads don't get displayed properly in Tweetbot is the dealbreaker for me.

Reactions: scrm

stevet

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2009
Tweetbot lost me as a customer when they switched to a subscription model, and refused to fix critical bugs in previous versions of their app.
Get over it, no one should expect a 4.99 app to last forever.

h00ligan

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2003
London
Tried this update thinking maybe they would give Twitterrific a battle. Not the case in my experience. Still seem to be lagging behind on “muting” which is a great feature.

For example I follow Ricky Gervais but I didn’t want to see his xx tweets per day about supernature and afterlife. So I can set those to “collapsed” by default in Twitterrific and I hide them if I want to read info contained therein.
Additionally I find the edit feature handy - sure it’s just a copy delete repost, but it’s one tap

I also find it far easier to find users and #tags in Twitterrific. maybe I just missed these things but it feels clumsy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.