TweetDeck for Mac Gains New Compose Window With Support for GIFs and Polls

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 16, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Twitter today updated its TweetDeck for Mac app to introduce a new compose window with a refreshed look and new capabilities.

The updated window features a cleaner design with either a dark theme or a light theme based on your preferences. In the screenshot below, the darker theme is depicted, with the original window on the left and the new window on the right.

[​IMG]

The compose window now includes support for adding GIFs to a tweet, a new addition to TweetDeck, and there's also an option for creating a poll. A new emoji picker has been added, and support for image descriptions and tags is new.

TweetDeck is providing an option to swap between the new compose window and the old, so those who prefer the original interface can stick with it for the time being.

The new features are part of a server side update, so you don't need to download a new version of the app to get the updated compose window.

TweetDeck for Mac can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: TweetDeck for Mac Gains New Compose Window With Support for GIFs and Polls

2. jbryant705 macrumors member

I saw this posted somewhere else earlier, but I'm still not seeing the update...

3. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

So I guess Tweetdeck is owned by Twitter, otherwise Tweetbot would be able to add polls too.

4. jbryant705 macrumors member

That's correct

5. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

6. - rob - macrumors 6502

- rob -

7. segfaultdotorg macrumors 6502

Exactly. Why is this on the front page? What percentage of MacRumours readers actually use TweetMyDeck? I have better things to do than tweeting about my deck.

8. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Ah, the obligatory Debbie Downers flock to the news thread like moths to the flame

9. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

Twitter has really kneecapped all third party Twitter clients.

10. - rob - macrumors 6502

- rob -

White knight wannabe—I like macrumors but paid blog posts should be labeled as such.

11. Fiachers macrumors member

Who cares? Why does irrelevant cr** like this get their own articles? What's your reasoning for choosing this piece of software over another to waste an entire article on?

12. - rob - macrumors 6502

- rob -

$$$

13. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Because it's not irrelevant to everyone, nor is it your website to make decisions about?

14. - rob - macrumors 6502

- rob -

Yes. Literally anything is worth a front pages post if it matters to one person. Also, no critiquing content choices unless you own this website.

15. Little Angel macrumors newbie

Out if interest I seem t be stuck on the old version, with no option to add polls etc.

Is anyone else stuck on the old version?

How do I access the newer version?

16. chrfr macrumors 604

A lot of App Store apps have not been updating properly in the past week or two. If you got your app from the App Store, just delete your existing copy and download a new one.

17. Little Angel macrumors newbie

My understanding of using the web version is that the changes were on the server side so no update necessary. Out of interest even with downloading from app store for desktop version, I have the same issue